EXCLUSIVE: Just 10 days after actor-comedian John Leguizamo signed a development deal with ABC and ABC Studios, he has signed on to star in the ABC/ABC Studios multicamera comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses. Based on the British format, the multicamera comedy chronicles the misadventures of two streetwise brothers, Del (Leguizamo) and Rodney, and their aging grandfather as they concoct outrageous, morally questionable get-rich-quick schemes in their quest to become millionaires. Del, the older brother, is the leader of the team. He is an overly confident bon vivant and con artist who trades crap out of the back of his car, cheerful and oblivious to the fact that he is a lowlife scamster. Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley wrote the adaptation and will executive produce with Leguizamo’s longtime manager Jeff Golenberg of the Collective. As part of Leguizamo’s deal with ABC, if Only Fools And Horses doesn’t go to series, the network will develop a single-camera comedy inspired by Leguizamo’s professional, personal and family life in New York City for him to star in and executive produce. UTA-repped Leguizamo is currently touring with his fifth one-man show, Ghetto Klown.
John Leguizamo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Only Fools And Horses'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest TV News
- Baltimore TV Station Bomb Threat: Suspect In Serious Condition; Bomb Was Made Of Candy Bars And Wire – Update
- Jeffrey Katzenberg To DWA Staff: “The Best Days Lie Ahead”
- Lifetime Hires Sharon Bordas As VP Scripted Series Development
- Kelly Ripa’s New Contract Strategy: Screaming Hairy Armadillo
- Mark Burnett Taps Barry Poznick As Head Of Unscripted For MGM TV Group
- Stephen Root Cast In Bill Hader's HBO Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’