EXCLUSIVE: Just 10 days after actor-comedian John Leguizamo signed a development deal with ABC and ABC Studios, he has signed on to star in the ABC/ABC Studios multicamera comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses. Based on the British format, the multicamera comedy chronicles the misadventures of two streetwise brothers, Del (Leguizamo) and Rodney, and their aging grandfather as they concoct outrageous, morally questionable get-rich-quick schemes in their quest to become millionaires. Del, the older brother, is the leader of the team. He is an overly confident bon vivant and con artist who trades crap out of the back of his car, cheerful and oblivious to the fact that he is a lowlife scamster. Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley wrote the adaptation and will executive produce with Leguizamo’s longtime manager Jeff Golenberg of the Collective. As part of Leguizamo’s deal with ABC, if Only Fools And Horses doesn’t go to series, the network will develop a single-camera comedy inspired by Leguizamo’s professional, personal and family life in New York City for him to star in and executive produce. UTA-repped Leguizamo is currently touring with his fifth one-man show, Ghetto Klown.
John Leguizamo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Only Fools And Horses'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess