EXCLUSIVE: Just 10 days after actor-comedian John Leguizamo signed a development deal with ABC and ABC Studios, he has signed on to star in the ABC/ABC Studios multicamera comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses. Based on the British format, the multicamera comedy chronicles the misadventures of two streetwise brothers, Del (Leguizamo) and Rodney, and their aging grandfather as they concoct outrageous, morally questionable get-rich-quick schemes in their quest to become millionaires. Del, the older brother, is the leader of the team. He is an overly confident bon vivant and con artist who trades crap out of the back of his car, cheerful and oblivious to the fact that he is a lowlife scamster. Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley wrote the adaptation and will executive produce with Leguizamo’s longtime manager Jeff Golenberg of the Collective. As part of Leguizamo’s deal with ABC, if Only Fools And Horses doesn’t go to series, the network will develop a single-camera comedy inspired by Leguizamo’s professional, personal and family life in New York City for him to star in and executive produce. UTA-repped Leguizamo is currently touring with his fifth one-man show, Ghetto Klown.
John Leguizamo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Only Fools And Horses'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- AMC Networks Teams With Charter To Co-Produce Original Content
- Stephen Colbert Takes On Alex Jones, George Soros And Big Yogurt
- ESPN To Lay Off About 100 Employees Including On-Air Personalities And Writers
- ‘The Tick’ Gets August Premiere Date On Amazon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: NBC Teams With Youku For Localized Version In China