EXCLUSIVE: Just 10 days after actor-comedian John Leguizamo signed a development deal with ABC and ABC Studios, he has signed on to star in the ABC/ABC Studios multicamera comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses. Based on the British format, the multicamera comedy chronicles the misadventures of two streetwise brothers, Del (Leguizamo) and Rodney, and their aging grandfather as they concoct outrageous, morally questionable get-rich-quick schemes in their quest to become millionaires. Del, the older brother, is the leader of the team. He is an overly confident bon vivant and con artist who trades crap out of the back of his car, cheerful and oblivious to the fact that he is a lowlife scamster. Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley wrote the adaptation and will executive produce with Leguizamo’s longtime manager Jeff Golenberg of the Collective. As part of Leguizamo’s deal with ABC, if Only Fools And Horses doesn’t go to series, the network will develop a single-camera comedy inspired by Leguizamo’s professional, personal and family life in New York City for him to star in and executive produce. UTA-repped Leguizamo is currently touring with his fifth one-man show, Ghetto Klown.
John Leguizamo To Star In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Only Fools And Horses'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks
- Bill Paxton Had Completed Order For CBS’ ‘Training Day’ Before His Death
- Spokesperson Explains Donald Trump’s Press Dinner No-Show: “We Spend Enough Time Around Each Other”