EXCLUSIVE: Actor-comedian John Leguizamo has signed a development deal with ABC and ABC Studios. Under the pact, Leguizamo will star in and executive produce a single-camera comedy inspired by his professional, personal and family life in New York City. This would be the first comedy series for Leguizamo who previously co-starred on ER and The Kill Point and toplined the 2006 CBS drama pilot Edison. Search is underway for a writer to pen the comedy project, which will likely be developed off-cycle given the timing of the deal. Leguizamo will executive produce with his longtime manager Jeff Golenberg of the Collective as well as Mandeville’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Leguizamo is re-teaming with Mandeville after working with the company on Edison. He is not obligated to do an ABC pilot this season but will be exposed to some and could do one. Leguizamo is currently touring the country with his fifth one-man show, Ghetto Klown, following a successful summer run on Broadway. One of his previous stage shows, Freak, was televised by HBO and earned him an Emmy Award. Leguizamo, repped by UTA and attorneys Jason Sloane and Harris Hartman, recently completed the indie feature Fugly, which he wrote and starred in, and can be seen opposite Katherine Heigl in One for the Money.
John Leguizamo Signs Development Deal With ABC And ABC Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…