EXCLUSIVE: Better With You star JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as the female lead in CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti comedy pilot, reuniting with Better With You executive producer/co-showrunner Malins. The multi-camera project, from Warner Bros. TV and studio-based Berlanti Prods., centers on Nick who has a health scare and realizes that Wendy (Garcia Swisher), his best friend and business partner of 15 years, is ‘the one’. Now he has to figure out how to break it to her. Malins and Berlanti wrote the script and executive produce. This marks the third consecutive WBTV pilot for Garcia Swisher following Privileged and Better With You, both of which went to series. She also did an arc on the studio’s CW drama Gossip Girl. It also marks the latest multi-camera comedy for Garcia who started off on the WB’s Reba. Earlier this season, Garcia was attached to a Warner Bros. TV multi-camera comedy project written by Better With You creator/exec producer Shana Goldberg-Meehan. The family comedy sparked a bidding war before landing at ABC with a production commitment but ultimately didn’t go to pilot, making WME-repped Garcia Swisher available. She immediately received multiple offers, choosing the Malins/Berlanti pilot.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”