EXCLUSIVE: Better With You star JoAnna Garcia Swisher is set as the female lead in CBS’ untitled Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti comedy pilot, reuniting with Better With You executive producer/co-showrunner Malins. The multi-camera project, from Warner Bros. TV and studio-based Berlanti Prods., centers on Nick who has a health scare and realizes that Wendy (Garcia Swisher), his best friend and business partner of 15 years, is ‘the one’. Now he has to figure out how to break it to her. Malins and Berlanti wrote the script and executive produce. This marks the third consecutive WBTV pilot for Garcia Swisher following Privileged and Better With You, both of which went to series. She also did an arc on the studio’s CW drama Gossip Girl. It also marks the latest multi-camera comedy for Garcia who started off on the WB’s Reba. Earlier this season, Garcia was attached to a Warner Bros. TV multi-camera comedy project written by Better With You creator/exec producer Shana Goldberg-Meehan. The family comedy sparked a bidding war before landing at ABC with a production commitment but ultimately didn’t go to pilot, making WME-repped Garcia Swisher available. She immediately received multiple offers, choosing the Malins/Berlanti pilot.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher To Star In CBS' Greg Malins/Greg Berlanti Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’ Adds Anne-Marie Johnson; Matthew McNulty Joins ‘The Terror…
- Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘Empire’ With New Live+3 Ratings High
- Viacom CEO: It’s Time To Focus On Growth Potential Following Year-Long “Drama”
- Van Williams Dies: TV’s ‘Green Hornet’ Was 82
- Bill Cosby Dealt Legal Blow As Judge Rules Depositions Can Be Used In 2004 Rape Trial