EXCLUSIVE: Jimmy Wolk is the first actor cast in Political Animals, USA Network’s 6-episode drama series from Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark, which premieres this summer. Written by Berlanti, his first solo spec script since Everwood, the Washington DC-based series explores a fictional former first family that is on the verge of falling apart. The show, produced by Warner Horizon, centers on Elaine Barrish, a divorced former First Lady and current Secretary of State who struggles to keep her family together while dealing with the crises of the State Department. Wolk will play one of her sons, Doug, who has the makings of a formidable future politician and serves as his mom’s chief of staff. This marks the second DC series project for Wolk – he starred in the ABC pilot Georgetown last year, which was produced by Warner Horizon’s sibling Warner Bros. TV. The former Lone Star leading man, who also was pursued for broadcast pilots this season, recently did arcs on Shameless and Happy Endings. The actor, repped by WME, Greenlight Management and attorney Amy Nickin, co-stars in Focus Features’ For A Good Time, Call…, which premiered at Sundance.
Jimmy Wolk To Co-Star In Greg Berlanti's USA Network Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- CAA Head Of TV Literary Ryan Ly Exits
- Disney And Altice Trade Jabs As Carriage Contract Deadline Looms
- ‘The Exorcist’ Reveals Biting New Photos + Key Art Ahead Of Season 2 Premiere
- Two Comedy Projects From Mike Schur, Including Jeffrey Seller-Produced Musical, Set At NBC With Big Commitments
- David Lyle Dies: Former National Geographic CEO Was 67
- The CW Buys Football & Reincarnation Dramas Produced By Greg Berlanti