Standup comedian and actor Jim Gaffigan announced tonight on Twitter (@JimGaffigan) that he would release his new one-hour comedy special Jim Gaffigan: Mr. Universe as an unencrypted download on his website, http://www.jimgaffigan.com. He said he was “inspired by the brilliant Louis C.K.” who released his own download of Live At The Beacon Theatre in December. The special produced and funded by Jim and Jeannie Gaffigan will be taped in Washington DC on February 25, and is targeted for release in April. Gaffigan, who has appeared in numerous TV episodes and a handful of movies, is currently touring. Marketing his comedy directly to fans, Gallican also said he would donate $1 to the Bob Woodruff Foundation for every $5 download. The foundation supports injured service members, veterans and their families. In his Tweet, Gaffigan was philosophic. “If no one buys the special or if lots of people steal it then I suppose I will lose a lot of money and have egg on my face. But then again I have four kids, so I am always losing money and usually have egg or some kind of food on my face so it might just feel normal.”
Inspired By Louis C.K., Jim Gaffigan Self-Distributing His Own Comedy Special
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV