EXCLUSIVE: Jamie Blackley has landed the co-lead in the 300 sequel that Noam Murro will direct for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. In the Kurt Johnstad-scripted film, Blackley will play Calisto, a teen whose desire to become the heroic man/soldier his father was leads the 16-year-old to become a leader of a small band of soldiers. He’ll join Sullivan Stapleton, who got a lead last week in the next installment of the Zack Snyder-directed 300. Blackley just wrapped the lead in lead in the Andrew Douglas-directed uwantme2killhim?, the Bryan Singer produced film about a young man entangled in an unhealthy internet relationship that results in him committing a crime. He also played one of the leads in London Boulevard opposite Colin Farrell and Keira Knightley and he wrapped a supporting role in Snow White and the Huntsman. Blackley is repped by WME, Luber Roklin Entertainment and UK-based United Agents.
Jamie Blackley Lands Lead in '300' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald