The Office executive producer/showrunner said today that James Spader will not return to the NBC comedy next season. The actor, who parlayed a two-scene appearance at the end of last season as Robert California into a full-season gig, had only signed a one-year deal. “James always wanted this to be a one year arc, and he now leaves us having created one of the most enigmatic and dynamic characters in television,” Lieberstein said. “He’s been a great friend to me and the show, helping us successfully transition into the post-Michael Scott years, and I’m grateful for that.”
James Spader Not Staying At 'The Office'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…
- Elizabeth Perkins Joins ‘Preacher’ Cast