Jack O’Connell (This Is England) and Alice Englert (Singularity) are in final talks to star in Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures, a supernatural love story based on the New York Times bestselling novel. Richard LaGravenese will direct from his adaptation. The film is a coming-of-age story set in the South about two star-crossed teenage lovers, local boy Ethan and mysterious new girl Lena, who uncover dark secrets about their families and town. Last week, Viola Davis joined to play Amma, who looks after Ethan and his father after Ethan’s mother’s death. Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove own film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books, including Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos. They are looking at Creatures to kick off a possible franchise at Warners, where Alcon has an output deal. Erwin Stoff will produce along with Kosove and Johnson and Molly Smith. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Englert is repped by CAA, and O’Connell is repped by John Grant at Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd.
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert Cast In 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Brooks
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid
- ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Tops Specialty B.O.’s Top 10 For 2014