Jack O’Connell (This Is England) and Alice Englert (Singularity) are in final talks to star in Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures, a supernatural love story based on the New York Times bestselling novel. Richard LaGravenese will direct from his adaptation. The film is a coming-of-age story set in the South about two star-crossed teenage lovers, local boy Ethan and mysterious new girl Lena, who uncover dark secrets about their families and town. Last week, Viola Davis joined to play Amma, who looks after Ethan and his father after Ethan’s mother’s death. Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove own film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books, including Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos. They are looking at Creatures to kick off a possible franchise at Warners, where Alcon has an output deal. Erwin Stoff will produce along with Kosove and Johnson and Molly Smith. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Englert is repped by CAA, and O’Connell is repped by John Grant at Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd.
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert Cast In 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men’ & ‘Alice’ To Boost Memorial Day Weekend After Last Year’s Holiday Apocalypse
- ‘Central Intelligence’ Gets Fest Bow Ahead Of Release; Screamfest 2016 Dates Set
- Versa Media Capital Raises $100M To Bridge Finance Indie TV & Film Projects
- Palm Springs Film Festival Sets 2017 Dates; Gravitas Acquires ‘Cardinal Matter’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- ‘Collide’ Trailer: Felicity Jones & Nicholas Hoult Rev Engines For August Bow