Jack O’Connell (This Is England) and Alice Englert (Singularity) are in final talks to star in Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures, a supernatural love story based on the New York Times bestselling novel. Richard LaGravenese will direct from his adaptation. The film is a coming-of-age story set in the South about two star-crossed teenage lovers, local boy Ethan and mysterious new girl Lena, who uncover dark secrets about their families and town. Last week, Viola Davis joined to play Amma, who looks after Ethan and his father after Ethan’s mother’s death. Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove own film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books, including Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos. They are looking at Creatures to kick off a possible franchise at Warners, where Alcon has an output deal. Erwin Stoff will produce along with Kosove and Johnson and Molly Smith. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Englert is repped by CAA, and O’Connell is repped by John Grant at Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd.
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert Cast In 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest Film News
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Set To Scream To $21M+ Opening Weekend – Midday Update
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board