Jack O’Connell (This Is England) and Alice Englert (Singularity) are in final talks to star in Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures, a supernatural love story based on the New York Times bestselling novel. Richard LaGravenese will direct from his adaptation. The film is a coming-of-age story set in the South about two star-crossed teenage lovers, local boy Ethan and mysterious new girl Lena, who uncover dark secrets about their families and town. Last week, Viola Davis joined to play Amma, who looks after Ethan and his father after Ethan’s mother’s death. Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove own film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books, including Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos. They are looking at Creatures to kick off a possible franchise at Warners, where Alcon has an output deal. Erwin Stoff will produce along with Kosove and Johnson and Molly Smith. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Englert is repped by CAA, and O’Connell is repped by John Grant at Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd.
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert Cast In 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Bill Maher Joins Celebs Prepping For Monday - UPDATE
'Lethal Weapon', 'MacGyver' & 'The Exorcist' Reviews: Three Adaptations, But Only One Worth Watching
Latest Film News
- Bill Nunn Dies: ‘Do The Right Thing’ And ‘Spider-Man’ Trilogy Actor Was 62
- Antoine Fuqua On ‘Magnificent Seven,’ ‘Scarface’ And How One Black Director Made The A-List
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Roping $35.3M Opening; Stick A Fork In ‘Storks’ – Saturday AM B.O. Update
- Hot Spec Script ‘American Rebel’ Acquired By Amy Pascal
- Julia Roberts To Star In Feature Film About PTA Mom Framed For Drug Possession
- Steven Schirripa Joins Next Woody Allen Movie, Setting Up ‘Sopranos’ Reunion