Jack O’Connell (This Is England) and Alice Englert (Singularity) are in final talks to star in Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures, a supernatural love story based on the New York Times bestselling novel. Richard LaGravenese will direct from his adaptation. The film is a coming-of-age story set in the South about two star-crossed teenage lovers, local boy Ethan and mysterious new girl Lena, who uncover dark secrets about their families and town. Last week, Viola Davis joined to play Amma, who looks after Ethan and his father after Ethan’s mother’s death. Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove own film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books, including Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos. They are looking at Creatures to kick off a possible franchise at Warners, where Alcon has an output deal. Erwin Stoff will produce along with Kosove and Johnson and Molly Smith. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Englert is repped by CAA, and O’Connell is repped by John Grant at Conway, Van Gelder, Grant Ltd.
Jack O'Connell and Alice Englert Cast In 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Trailer Shows The High Stakes Of Love
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- ‘The Ivory Game’ Trailer: First Look At Netflix’s Latest Leonardo DiCaprio-Produced Docu
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- China’s Alibaba Pictures Takes Film Rights To Children’s Book Series ‘Warriors’