I’ve been hearing from sources all day that Bridget Jones’s Baby is in big trouble. And Universal and Working Title have been denying it. The rumor has been that production was weeks away and was shut down after Hugh Grant walked off in a huff because of script problems. Now that I’m seeing rumors reported as fact, I want to weigh in. Sources close to the production ara adamant they will make this movie this year. Yes, they are still tweaking the script. But Grant, Colin Firth and especially Renee Zellweger are determined to make it, I’m told by people I trust. Those people are denying that Grant has bailed on the film. There has been a bit of turbulence, with Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig bailing and Brit Peter Cattaneo taking the helm of the film. “Bullshit,” said my source, of the idea that the film might be scrapped or that it is in danger of imploding. If my sources are wrong, and I’m the one being bullshitted, we’ll know soon enough and we will fix the nooses.
Is 'Bridget Jones' Sequel In Trouble?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start