I’ve been hearing from sources all day that Bridget Jones’s Baby is in big trouble. And Universal and Working Title have been denying it. The rumor has been that production was weeks away and was shut down after Hugh Grant walked off in a huff because of script problems. Now that I’m seeing rumors reported as fact, I want to weigh in. Sources close to the production ara adamant they will make this movie this year. Yes, they are still tweaking the script. But Grant, Colin Firth and especially Renee Zellweger are determined to make it, I’m told by people I trust. Those people are denying that Grant has bailed on the film. There has been a bit of turbulence, with Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig bailing and Brit Peter Cattaneo taking the helm of the film. “Bullshit,” said my source, of the idea that the film might be scrapped or that it is in danger of imploding. If my sources are wrong, and I’m the one being bullshitted, we’ll know soon enough and we will fix the nooses.
Is 'Bridget Jones' Sequel In Trouble?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal
- Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions Pre-Buys Rights To Chloe Moretz-Ansel Elgort-Starrer ‘November Criminals’
- Nicolas Winding Refn Sets Abbey Lee To Star In ‘Neon Demon’
- CBS Films Acquires Spec ‘Senior Year’
- Magnolia Howls For ‘The Wolfpack’ – Sundance