I’ve been hearing from sources all day that Bridget Jones’s Baby is in big trouble. And Universal and Working Title have been denying it. The rumor has been that production was weeks away and was shut down after Hugh Grant walked off in a huff because of script problems. Now that I’m seeing rumors reported as fact, I want to weigh in. Sources close to the production ara adamant they will make this movie this year. Yes, they are still tweaking the script. But Grant, Colin Firth and especially Renee Zellweger are determined to make it, I’m told by people I trust. Those people are denying that Grant has bailed on the film. There has been a bit of turbulence, with Bridesmaids helmer Paul Feig bailing and Brit Peter Cattaneo taking the helm of the film. “Bullshit,” said my source, of the idea that the film might be scrapped or that it is in danger of imploding. If my sources are wrong, and I’m the one being bullshitted, we’ll know soon enough and we will fix the nooses.
Is 'Bridget Jones' Sequel In Trouble?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Altitude Picks Up Peter Mackie Burns’ ‘Daphne’ Starring Emily Beecham
- Rachel Weisz Fights 'Denial', Shia LaBeouf Leads Mad Band Of Kids In 'American Honey' – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Sony Pictures Classics Acquires ‘Maudie’, Period Romancer Starring Sally Hawkins & Ethan Hawke
- ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Latest Paramount Pic To Bond With China
- ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Ellie Bamber Set For Disney’s ‘Nutcracker And The Four Realms’
- Fox Searchlight Bringing ‘A United Kingdom’ To North America