Bart Layton’s directorial debut The Imposter will screen at the upcoming SXSW Film Festival. The documentary chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio in 1994. Three and a half years later, he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home but all is not quite as it seems — the boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but he also has an accent and his appearance has greatly changed. Indomina is planning a theatrical release this year. Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures; A+E Networks retains TV rights to the film. Josh Braun at Submarine Entertainment and CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Indomina’s VP Acquisitions Rob Williams. Produced by Dimitri Doganis. The film is executive produced by John Battsek (The Tillman Story), Simon Chinn (Man On Wire), A&E IndieFilms’ Bob DeBitetto (The September Issue) and Molly Thompson (Client 9: The Rise And Fall Of Eliot Spitzer) as well as Katherine Butler (Tyrannosaur) of Film4 and Tabitha Jackson (Cave Of Forgotten Dreams) of Channel 4.
Indomina Takes Rights To Sundance Doc 'The Imposter'
What's Hot on Deadline
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
20th Century Fox Taps BOOM! Superhero Tale 'Irredeemable'; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
Latest Film News
- 'Star Wars' Han Solo Film: Alden Ehrenreich Lands The Lead In Spinoff
- ‘Being Charlie’ Clip: Director Rob Reiner’s Personal Film Written By His Son
- Helen Hunt Reteams With ‘Soul Surfer’ Helmer For Sports Tale ‘Live Like Line’
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- ‘Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist, 2 Others Join Boston Marathon Bombing Film ‘Patriots Day’
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens – Deadline…