Bart Layton’s directorial debut The Imposter will screen at the upcoming SXSW Film Festival. The documentary chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio in 1994. Three and a half years later, he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home but all is not quite as it seems — the boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but he also has an accent and his appearance has greatly changed. Indomina is planning a theatrical release this year. Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures; A+E Networks retains TV rights to the film. Josh Braun at Submarine Entertainment and CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Indomina’s VP Acquisitions Rob Williams. Produced by Dimitri Doganis. The film is executive produced by John Battsek (The Tillman Story), Simon Chinn (Man On Wire), A&E IndieFilms’ Bob DeBitetto (The September Issue) and Molly Thompson (Client 9: The Rise And Fall Of Eliot Spitzer) as well as Katherine Butler (Tyrannosaur) of Film4 and Tabitha Jackson (Cave Of Forgotten Dreams) of Channel 4.
Indomina Takes Rights To Sundance Doc 'The Imposter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’