Bart Layton’s directorial debut The Imposter will screen at the upcoming SXSW Film Festival. The documentary chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio in 1994. Three and a half years later, he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home but all is not quite as it seems — the boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but he also has an accent and his appearance has greatly changed. Indomina is planning a theatrical release this year. Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures; A+E Networks retains TV rights to the film. Josh Braun at Submarine Entertainment and CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Indomina’s VP Acquisitions Rob Williams. Produced by Dimitri Doganis. The film is executive produced by John Battsek (The Tillman Story), Simon Chinn (Man On Wire), A&E IndieFilms’ Bob DeBitetto (The September Issue) and Molly Thompson (Client 9: The Rise And Fall Of Eliot Spitzer) as well as Katherine Butler (Tyrannosaur) of Film4 and Tabitha Jackson (Cave Of Forgotten Dreams) of Channel 4.
Indomina Takes Rights To Sundance Doc 'The Imposter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Latest Film News
- Dutch Tilt Film Sees The Light And Options Dutch Bestseller ‘Girl In The Dark’ – Berlin
- Universal & ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Crew Want “Egregious” Suit By Ex-N.W.A Manager Gutted
- EuropaCorp Shocker: CEO Christophe Lambert Leaves, Marc Shmuger Replacing Him
- Taraji P. Henson Adds Up For Fox 2000’s ‘Hidden Figures’
- Stephen Moyer Leaves ‘Tribes Of Palos Verdes’ Over Scheduling
- CSP Management & Henriksen Talent Join Forces; Bohemia Group Inks Canadian Actor Jonathan Emond