Bart Layton’s directorial debut The Imposter will screen at the upcoming SXSW Film Festival. The documentary chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio in 1994. Three and a half years later, he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home but all is not quite as it seems — the boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but he also has an accent and his appearance has greatly changed. Indomina is planning a theatrical release this year. Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures; A+E Networks retains TV rights to the film. Josh Braun at Submarine Entertainment and CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Indomina’s VP Acquisitions Rob Williams. Produced by Dimitri Doganis. The film is executive produced by John Battsek (The Tillman Story), Simon Chinn (Man On Wire), A&E IndieFilms’ Bob DeBitetto (The September Issue) and Molly Thompson (Client 9: The Rise And Fall Of Eliot Spitzer) as well as Katherine Butler (Tyrannosaur) of Film4 and Tabitha Jackson (Cave Of Forgotten Dreams) of Channel 4.
Indomina Takes Rights To Sundance Doc 'The Imposter'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Song to Song' Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
Latest Film News
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
- Berlin Film Fest: Hungarian ‘On Body And Soul’ Wins Golden Bear – Complete Winners List
- Encore: Taylor Sheridan & David Mackenzie On Raising ‘Hell Or High Water’: “It’s About Fatherhood At The End Of The Day”…