Bart Layton’s directorial debut The Imposter will screen at the upcoming SXSW Film Festival. The documentary chronicles the story of a 13-year-old boy who disappears without a trace from San Antonio in 1994. Three and a half years later, he is found alive, thousands of miles away in a village in southern Spain with a story of kidnapping and torture. His family is overjoyed to bring him home but all is not quite as it seems — the boy bears many of the same distinguishing marks he always had, but he also has an accent and his appearance has greatly changed. Indomina is planning a theatrical release this year. Imposter is an A&E IndieFilms, Film4 and Channel 4 presentation of a RAW Production in association with Red Box Films and Passion Pictures; A+E Networks retains TV rights to the film. Josh Braun at Submarine Entertainment and CAA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Indomina’s VP Acquisitions Rob Williams. Produced by Dimitri Doganis. The film is executive produced by John Battsek (The Tillman Story), Simon Chinn (Man On Wire), A&E IndieFilms’ Bob DeBitetto (The September Issue) and Molly Thompson (Client 9: The Rise And Fall Of Eliot Spitzer) as well as Katherine Butler (Tyrannosaur) of Film4 and Tabitha Jackson (Cave Of Forgotten Dreams) of Channel 4.
Indomina Takes Rights To Sundance Doc 'The Imposter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Brooks
- On Oscar Weekend, Foreign-Language Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Has Solid Debut
- Oscar Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Hits Specialty Theaters Just Ahead Of The Big Show
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Steps Into Spotlight With 2015’s Best Per-Screen Debut
- Spike Lee, Anna Kendrick, David Cross Pics Counter ‘Fifty Shades': Specialty Preview
- Oscar-Nominated Shorts Go Long, Passing $1M In Specialty Box Office
- Hayden Christensen And Nicolas Cage Soldier ‘Outcast’ To A Limited Weekend Bow: Specialty Preview