Predisposed is the bittersweet story of piano prodigy Eli Smith (Jessie Eisenberg) and his mother Penny (Melissa Leo), who despite her cheerful, loving disposition struggles with drug addiction. When Penny plans to enter rehab on the day of Eli’s audition for a prestigious music program, a glitch in the system forces them to enlist the help of an unlikely ally: her drug dealer (Tracy Morgan). Philip Dorling and Ron Nyswaner directed the film, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Isiah Whitlock Jr, Sarah Ramos, and Emma Rayne Lyle co-star. IFC Films SVP Acquisitions & Productions Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM also represents Eisenberg and Ramos.
IFC Films Takes North American Rights To Sundance's 'Predisposed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Put On Leave Of Absence Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Few Details From News Conference With Lawyer Of Woman At Center Of LAPD Harvey Weinstein Probe
- AFI Fest Centerpieces Set: ‘Call Me By Your Name’, ‘The Disaster Artist’ & ‘Hostiles’
- ‘Boo 2!’s Likely $23M+ Opening Steals Sunshine From ‘Geostorm’, ‘Snowman’…
- Ex-Actress Latest To Accuse Harvey Weinstein Of Sexual Assault
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV