Predisposed is the bittersweet story of piano prodigy Eli Smith (Jessie Eisenberg) and his mother Penny (Melissa Leo), who despite her cheerful, loving disposition struggles with drug addiction. When Penny plans to enter rehab on the day of Eli’s audition for a prestigious music program, a glitch in the system forces them to enlist the help of an unlikely ally: her drug dealer (Tracy Morgan). Philip Dorling and Ron Nyswaner directed the film, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Isiah Whitlock Jr, Sarah Ramos, and Emma Rayne Lyle co-star. IFC Films SVP Acquisitions & Productions Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM also represents Eisenberg and Ramos.
IFC Films Takes North American Rights To Sundance's 'Predisposed'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest Film News
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala
- Eugene Cordero Heads To ‘Kong: Skull Island’; Amiah Miller Joins ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’
- Jennifer Lawrence Schedule Rethink? Exits ‘Rosie Project’, In Talks For Darren Aronofsky Indie
- Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS Set For November 7 At DGA Theatre – Must-Stop For Oscar Hopefuls
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Kate Winslet Attaches To Play WWII Correspondent Lee Miller