Predisposed is the bittersweet story of piano prodigy Eli Smith (Jessie Eisenberg) and his mother Penny (Melissa Leo), who despite her cheerful, loving disposition struggles with drug addiction. When Penny plans to enter rehab on the day of Eli’s audition for a prestigious music program, a glitch in the system forces them to enlist the help of an unlikely ally: her drug dealer (Tracy Morgan). Philip Dorling and Ron Nyswaner directed the film, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Isiah Whitlock Jr, Sarah Ramos, and Emma Rayne Lyle co-star. IFC Films SVP Acquisitions & Productions Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM also represents Eisenberg and Ramos.
IFC Films Takes North American Rights To Sundance's 'Predisposed'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Brooks
- ‘Cake’ Cuts Piece Of Specialty Box Office Amid Holdover Contenders
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid
- ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Tops Specialty B.O.’s Top 10 For 2014