Predisposed is the bittersweet story of piano prodigy Eli Smith (Jessie Eisenberg) and his mother Penny (Melissa Leo), who despite her cheerful, loving disposition struggles with drug addiction. When Penny plans to enter rehab on the day of Eli’s audition for a prestigious music program, a glitch in the system forces them to enlist the help of an unlikely ally: her drug dealer (Tracy Morgan). Philip Dorling and Ron Nyswaner directed the film, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Isiah Whitlock Jr, Sarah Ramos, and Emma Rayne Lyle co-star. IFC Films SVP Acquisitions & Productions Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM also represents Eisenberg and Ramos.
IFC Films Takes North American Rights To Sundance's 'Predisposed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Holdover ‘Dory’ Steals July 4th Weekend From ‘Tarzan’, ‘BFG’: Does The Holiday Still Matter At The B.O.?
Latest Film News
- Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Info From L.A. Celebrities
- Author Gay Talese Flip-Flops On ‘The Voyeur’s Motel’ And Now Stands By Book While Filmmakers Try To Figure Out…
- 'Our Kind of Traitor,' 'Life, Animated,' & Michel Gondry's 'Microbe And Gasoline' Hope for July 4 Bang: Specialty Preview
- Academy Directors Branch Was Most Aggressive On Diversity: Here’s How
- ‘Riverdale’ Star KJ Apa Joins Boston Marathon Pic ‘Altar Rock’
- #BoycottCinemark Erupts After Exhibitor Asks Aurora Victims To Pay $700K In Legal Fees