Predisposed is the bittersweet story of piano prodigy Eli Smith (Jessie Eisenberg) and his mother Penny (Melissa Leo), who despite her cheerful, loving disposition struggles with drug addiction. When Penny plans to enter rehab on the day of Eli’s audition for a prestigious music program, a glitch in the system forces them to enlist the help of an unlikely ally: her drug dealer (Tracy Morgan). Philip Dorling and Ron Nyswaner directed the film, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival. Isiah Whitlock Jr, Sarah Ramos, and Emma Rayne Lyle co-star. IFC Films SVP Acquisitions & Productions Arianna Bocco negotiated the deal with ICM and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. ICM also represents Eisenberg and Ramos.
IFC Films Takes North American Rights To Sundance's 'Predisposed'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Hit Another New Low, 'Hairspray Live!' Equals Live Low Of 2014's 'Peter Pan' For NBC
Latest Film News
- Producers Guild To Honor ‘Loving’ With Stanley Kramer Award
- ‘Kubo’ Director & Laika Founder Travis Knight Inks With CAA
- Gkids Acquires Dash Shaw’s ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea’
- Flint Water Crisis Documentary In The Works From Paul Haggis
- Toni Collette & Matthew Goode To Star In Comedy ‘Birthmarked’
- ‘Baywatch’ Trailer: Dwayne Johnson & Zac Efron Are On A Mission To Save The Beach