EXCLUSIVE: In his first cable series gig, former Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is set to star in Frank Darabont’s TNT drama pilot L.A. Noir, a fast-paced crime drama set in Los Angeles during the 1940s and ’50s. He is expected to join The Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal, who has been in negotiations for another lead. Based on John Buntin’s book L.A. Noir: The Struggle For The Soul Of America’s Most Seductive City, the show tells the true story of a decades-long conflict between the LAPD, under the determined leadership of Police Chief William Parker, and ruthless criminal elements led by mobster Mickey Cohen, a one-time boxer who rose to the top of LA’s criminal world. Ventimiglia will play Ned Stax, a former marine who served with Joe Teague (Bernthal) during WWII, now a budding lawyer groomed to be a master “fixer” for the mob. In addition to writing, former Walking Dead showrunner Darabont is directing the pilot and will executive produce with Michael De Luca and Elliot Webb for TNT Original Prods. Ventimiglia, repped by CAA and Management 360, fielded interest from broadcast pilots this season before opting to go with L.A. Noir. His series credits also include a stint on Gilmore Girls.
'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia To Star In Frank Darabont's TNT Pilot 'L.A. Noir'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month