EXCLUSIVE: In his first cable series gig, former Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia is set to star in Frank Darabont’s TNT drama pilot L.A. Noir, a fast-paced crime drama set in Los Angeles during the 1940s and ’50s. He is expected to join The Walking Dead alum Jon Bernthal, who has been in negotiations for another lead. Based on John Buntin’s book L.A. Noir: The Struggle For The Soul Of America’s Most Seductive City, the show tells the true story of a decades-long conflict between the LAPD, under the determined leadership of Police Chief William Parker, and ruthless criminal elements led by mobster Mickey Cohen, a one-time boxer who rose to the top of LA’s criminal world. Ventimiglia will play Ned Stax, a former marine who served with Joe Teague (Bernthal) during WWII, now a budding lawyer groomed to be a master “fixer” for the mob. In addition to writing, former Walking Dead showrunner Darabont is directing the pilot and will executive produce with Michael De Luca and Elliot Webb for TNT Original Prods. Ventimiglia, repped by CAA and Management 360, fielded interest from broadcast pilots this season before opting to go with L.A. Noir. His series credits also include a stint on Gilmore Girls.
'Heroes' Alum Milo Ventimiglia To Star In Frank Darabont's TNT Pilot 'L.A. Noir'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
Latest TV News
- ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ Review: Lots To Be Thankful For In ‘Gilmore Girls’ Creator’s New…
- ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ To Take On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- TV Academy & City Of L.A. Hit By HBO’s Nancy Lesser In $1M+ Suit Over Emmy Fall
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Clip: Six Seconds Of Chris Pratt & Dino Baby
- Netflix Ends Golden Globes Party Partnership With The Weinstein Company