Following a recent content licensing agreement, HBO is to take a 15.7% stake in Australian VOD service Quickflix. Under the terms of the deal, HBO will invest $10 million and appoint a representative to the Quickflix board, subject to shareholder and Australian Stock Exchange approval. Quickflix, which offers DVD and Blu-ray rental by mail as well as instant streaming, has approximately 94,000 paying subscribers. In December, the company announced a licensing deal for streamed content with NBCUniversal International Televsion Distribution.
HBO To Take $10 Million Strategic Stake In Australia's Quickflix
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More