Filmmaker Michael Mann, already in business with HBO on the drama series Luck, is also behind a new limited documentary series ordered by the premium cable network. Witness, which will follow a new generation of young combat photographers into conflict zones in Mexico, Brazil, Uganda and Libya, is a collaboration between Mann and documentary director David Frankham. “David Frankham and I share an admiration for combat photography that captures the universal — and sometimes the indescribable — in a single frame in the midst of chaos and danger,” Mann said. The first episode of Witness was shot in Juarez, Mexico. The next three are currently in production.
HBO Picks Up Documentary Series 'Witness' From Michael Mann And David Frankham
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'