Filmmaker Michael Mann, already in business with HBO on the drama series Luck, is also behind a new limited documentary series ordered by the premium cable network. Witness, which will follow a new generation of young combat photographers into conflict zones in Mexico, Brazil, Uganda and Libya, is a collaboration between Mann and documentary director David Frankham. “David Frankham and I share an admiration for combat photography that captures the universal — and sometimes the indescribable — in a single frame in the midst of chaos and danger,” Mann said. The first episode of Witness was shot in Juarez, Mexico. The next three are currently in production.
HBO Picks Up Documentary Series 'Witness' From Michael Mann And David Frankham
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA
- 'People Magazine Awards' Sluggish In Debut, 'Big Bang' Tops Slow Thursday