Filmmaker Michael Mann, already in business with HBO on the drama series Luck, is also behind a new limited documentary series ordered by the premium cable network. Witness, which will follow a new generation of young combat photographers into conflict zones in Mexico, Brazil, Uganda and Libya, is a collaboration between Mann and documentary director David Frankham. “David Frankham and I share an admiration for combat photography that captures the universal — and sometimes the indescribable — in a single frame in the midst of chaos and danger,” Mann said. The first episode of Witness was shot in Juarez, Mexico. The next three are currently in production.
HBO Picks Up Documentary Series 'Witness' From Michael Mann And David Frankham
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…