EXCLUSIVE: HBO is taking a look into the Los Angeles underworld with a new drama project from Training Day writer David Ayer and producer John Lesher. Ayer is set to write, direct and executive produce the untitled series project, now in development, which is described as a complex and provocative political thriller about U.S. Special Forces soldiers who take on new lives undercover inside the LA underworld, blurring the line between the war on terror and the war on drugs. Lesher is executive producing. This is the latest in a slew of series projects former Paramount Film Group president Lesher has set up at HBO, all with feature writers. This marks the TV debut for CAA-repped Ayer, whose feature credits also include The Fast And The Furious and S.W.A.T. He recently wrote, directed and produced the upcoming Exclusive Media Group-funded drama End Of Watch starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. And in November, he was hired to write the new version of Scarface for Universal Pictures.
HBO Developing Political Thriller Drama From 'Training Day' Writer David Ayer
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo