Content targeting US’s residents of Latin American origin got a second boost in as many days following yesterday’s announcement that Robert Rodriguez will help spearhead a new Latino cable network. Today, digital content distributor GoDigital said it picked up VOD, Electronic Sell-Thru, and PPV rights to a majority of Latin Anywhere’s Spanish-language film library of 1,000 titles. The pact includes U.S. digital and VOD rights to 600 films and worldwide rights to over 200 films. One of the largest Spanish-language film libraries in the United States, the deal is the first to allow Latin Anywhere’s film library to be available for digital release. In related news, GoDigital also picked up the VOD rights to the independent, romantic comedy Nesting which is set to be released in spring of 2012. PMK/BNC Films will be handling the theatrical distribution. John Chuldenko wrote and directed the film with Dangertrain Films producing. Founded in 2008 GoDigital has distributed over 300 films through its output arrangement with Lionsgate in addition to other outlets including iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Playstation, Xbox, Vudu, Dish, inDemand and TVN. The majority of film’s included in today’s deal with Latin Anywhere are comedies, action/adventure, drama and Mexican rodeo.
GoDigital Nabs U.S. Rights To Hundreds Of Spanish-Language Titles
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- 'Cantinflas' Sails Decently In Specialty Box-Office Bow
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'Cantinflas', 'Life Of Crime', 4 More
- Radius-TWC Surprises With 'The One I Love,' Providing Theatrical, VOD Box Office
- Specialty B.O. Preview: 'Love Is Strange', 'Are You Here', 'To Be Takei', 'Winter In The Blood', 'The Olivia Experiment'…
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'