Content targeting US’s residents of Latin American origin got a second boost in as many days following yesterday’s announcement that Robert Rodriguez will help spearhead a new Latino cable network. Today, digital content distributor GoDigital said it picked up VOD, Electronic Sell-Thru, and PPV rights to a majority of Latin Anywhere’s Spanish-language film library of 1,000 titles. The pact includes U.S. digital and VOD rights to 600 films and worldwide rights to over 200 films. One of the largest Spanish-language film libraries in the United States, the deal is the first to allow Latin Anywhere’s film library to be available for digital release. In related news, GoDigital also picked up the VOD rights to the independent, romantic comedy Nesting which is set to be released in spring of 2012. PMK/BNC Films will be handling the theatrical distribution. John Chuldenko wrote and directed the film with Dangertrain Films producing. Founded in 2008 GoDigital has distributed over 300 films through its output arrangement with Lionsgate in addition to other outlets including iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Playstation, Xbox, Vudu, Dish, inDemand and TVN. The majority of film’s included in today’s deal with Latin Anywhere are comedies, action/adventure, drama and Mexican rodeo.
GoDigital Nabs U.S. Rights To Hundreds Of Spanish-Language Titles
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global