Former Friday Night Lights star Michael B. Jordan is re-teaming with the series’ executive producer Jason Katims. Jordan has been cast opposite Jason Ritter in Katims’ NBC drama pilot County. The Universal TV-produced project chronicles the lives of young doctors, nurses, and administrators in a frenetic underfunded and morally compromising LA County Hospital. Jordan will play one of them, Travis, a new intern at County who looks after his junkie sister’s daughter. Jordan, whose series credits include HBO’s The Wire, also recurred on Katims’ NBC series Parenthood. He currently stars in the movie Chronicle, which opened #1 last weekend. The actor, who was sought after this pilot season, is with UTA, the Schiff Co, and attorney Greg Slewett.
'Friday Night Lights' Reunion: Michael B. Jordan Cast In Jason Katims' NBC Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres