EXCLUSIVE: While Fox’s pilot season is about live-action comedies, the network also is keeping its animated pipeline flowing. Fox has given a presenation order to Working Class Hero, an animated comedy starring actor-comedian Patton Oswalt and co-written and executive produced by American Dad co-creator/executive producer Mike Barker. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, is set in a world where superheroing is just another low-paid government job and centers on a dad (Oswalt) whose powers are no match for his misfit superhero co-workers and his demanding family. WME-repped Barker co-wrote Working Class Hero with American Dad animator Brent Woods and the show’s staff writer Jordan Blum, who co-wrote an episode of the animated comedy earlier this season. Woods and Blum, who is with UTA and 3 Arts, serve as co-executive producers. Oswalt, repped by CAA and Generate, will produce. Over the past year, Fox introduced as many new animated comedy series, three, as it did live-action. Of them one, last year’s midseason entry Bob’s Burgers, was renewed for a second season; another, Allen Gregory, has been canceled; and Napoleon Dynamite is doing so-so in the ratings.
Fox Orders Patton Oswalt-Mike Barker Animated Superhero Comedy Presentation
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'