EXCLUSIVE: While Fox’s pilot season is about live-action comedies, the network also is keeping its animated pipeline flowing. Fox has given a presenation order to Working Class Hero, an animated comedy starring actor-comedian Patton Oswalt and co-written and executive produced by American Dad co-creator/executive producer Mike Barker. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, is set in a world where superheroing is just another low-paid government job and centers on a dad (Oswalt) whose powers are no match for his misfit superhero co-workers and his demanding family. WME-repped Barker co-wrote Working Class Hero with American Dad animator Brent Woods and the show’s staff writer Jordan Blum, who co-wrote an episode of the animated comedy earlier this season. Woods and Blum, who is with UTA and 3 Arts, serve as co-executive producers. Oswalt, repped by CAA and Generate, will produce. Over the past year, Fox introduced as many new animated comedy series, three, as it did live-action. Of them one, last year’s midseason entry Bob’s Burgers, was renewed for a second season; another, Allen Gregory, has been canceled; and Napoleon Dynamite is doing so-so in the ratings.
Fox Orders Patton Oswalt-Mike Barker Animated Superhero Comedy Presentation
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'