EXCLUSIVE: While Fox’s pilot season is about live-action comedies, the network also is keeping its animated pipeline flowing. Fox has given a presenation order to Working Class Hero, an animated comedy starring actor-comedian Patton Oswalt and co-written and executive produced by American Dad co-creator/executive producer Mike Barker. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, is set in a world where superheroing is just another low-paid government job and centers on a dad (Oswalt) whose powers are no match for his misfit superhero co-workers and his demanding family. WME-repped Barker co-wrote Working Class Hero with American Dad animator Brent Woods and the show’s staff writer Jordan Blum, who co-wrote an episode of the animated comedy earlier this season. Woods and Blum, who is with UTA and 3 Arts, serve as co-executive producers. Oswalt, repped by CAA and Generate, will produce. Over the past year, Fox introduced as many new animated comedy series, three, as it did live-action. Of them one, last year’s midseason entry Bob’s Burgers, was renewed for a second season; another, Allen Gregory, has been canceled; and Napoleon Dynamite is doing so-so in the ratings.
Fox Orders Patton Oswalt-Mike Barker Animated Superhero Comedy Presentation
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Inaugural Address Positively Lincolnish
- Nils Larsen Joins Management 360
- 'Raised By Wolves' Comedy From Diablo Cody & Berlanti TV Gets ABC Pilot Order
- CBS Orders Dan Kopelman Man’s Life Comedy Pilot From Kapital Entertainment