In what may be the last pilot order this season, Fox has given the green light to Goodwin Games, a single-camera comedy from How I Met Your Mother co-creators/executive producers Carter Bays & Craig Thomas and fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris. The project had been cast-contingent on securing Ugly Betty alumna Becki Newton as one of the leads. After lengthy negotiations, Newton, who fielded several other pilot offers, agreed to board the project, triggering a pilot order. The Goodwin Games, from 20th Century Fox TV where Bays, Thomas and Harris are under deals, revolves around three siblings, one played by Newton, who reconnect after the death of their father. The project extends Newton’s relationship with Bays, Thomas and Harris — she currently recurs on How I Met Your Mother. I hear that the HIMYM stint actually came out of an early exploratory meeting the actress had with Bays and Thomas about Goodwin Games. The project landed at Fox in September with a big put pilot commitment after a bidding war. Newton is with UTA, Management 360 and attorney Rick Genow. Bays and Thomas are with UTA, Harris is with CAA and 3 Arts.
Fox Gives Pilot Order To Carter Bays/Craig Thomas Comedy With Becki Newton Starring
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess