In what may be the last pilot order this season, Fox has given the green light to Goodwin Games, a single-camera comedy from How I Met Your Mother co-creators/executive producers Carter Bays & Craig Thomas and fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris. The project had been cast-contingent on securing Ugly Betty alumna Becki Newton as one of the leads. After lengthy negotiations, Newton, who fielded several other pilot offers, agreed to board the project, triggering a pilot order. The Goodwin Games, from 20th Century Fox TV where Bays, Thomas and Harris are under deals, revolves around three siblings, one played by Newton, who reconnect after the death of their father. The project extends Newton’s relationship with Bays, Thomas and Harris — she currently recurs on How I Met Your Mother. I hear that the HIMYM stint actually came out of an early exploratory meeting the actress had with Bays and Thomas about Goodwin Games. The project landed at Fox in September with a big put pilot commitment after a bidding war. Newton is with UTA, Management 360 and attorney Rick Genow. Bays and Thomas are with UTA, Harris is with CAA and 3 Arts.
Fox Gives Pilot Order To Carter Bays/Craig Thomas Comedy With Becki Newton Starring
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD