EXCLUSIVE: Fox is waving the white flag on what is supposed to be a worth-the-price-of-admission movie which in and of itself is a rarity these days. The studio was supposed to open its ‘romantic action comedy’ This Means War on Tuesday aka Valentine’s Day. But the studio hasn’t seen the pic’s poor tracking pick up at all in recent days, while Sony Pictures/Screen Gems’ The Vow is soaring in wannasee. So Fox has decided to get out of the way. In an unusual move this late in the game, the studio will sneak This Means War on Tuesday and then hope word of mouth spreads before its new release date of Friday, February 17th. I don’t get what the moviegoing public’s problem with this pic is: Chris Pine, Tom Hardy, and Reese Witherspoon are just as cool casting as Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams (though apparently not as box office) and the trailers have been engaging (though thrust into a lot of clutter) and the film didn’t look dumb (and that’s half the battle with this genre).
Fox Delays 'This Means War' Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest Film News
- E/F/O, Tri G Co-Finance De Niro-Starrer ‘The War With Grandpa’ With Marro Films; Uma Thurman, Rob Riggle…
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Kathryn Newton, Gideon Adlon & Geraldine Viswanathan Make ‘The Pact’
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Estonian Folk Tale ‘November’ Acquired By Oscilloscope – Tribeca
- ‘Aardvark’ Producer-Star Zachary Quinto On Film’s “Valiant” Exploration Of Mental Illness…
- Black Label, Sony Pictures Firm Team-up On ‘Granite Mountain’ & ‘Soldado’