EXCLUSIVE: Fox is waving the white flag on what is supposed to be a worth-the-price-of-admission movie which in and of itself is a rarity these days. The studio was supposed to open its ‘romantic action comedy’ This Means War on Tuesday aka Valentine’s Day. But the studio hasn’t seen the pic’s poor tracking pick up at all in recent days, while Sony Pictures/Screen Gems’ The Vow is soaring in wannasee. So Fox has decided to get out of the way. In an unusual move this late in the game, the studio will sneak This Means War on Tuesday and then hope word of mouth spreads before its new release date of Friday, February 17th. I don’t get what the moviegoing public’s problem with this pic is: Chris Pine, Tom Hardy, and Reese Witherspoon are just as cool casting as Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams (though apparently not as box office) and the trailers have been engaging (though thrust into a lot of clutter) and the film didn’t look dumb (and that’s half the battle with this genre).
Fox Delays 'This Means War' Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Ron Howard Talks Han Solo Movie & ‘Star Wars’ Universe – Cannes Lions
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’