Participant Media and Doha Film Institute have signed on along with MyGroup Lebanon, FFA Private Bank, JRW Entertainment and Code Red Productions for animated project The Prophet, which Hayek’s Ventanarosa Productions will produce. Deadline first reported on the project last March. The Prophet is based on the best-selling book by Kahlil Gibran of the same name. Since its 1923 publication, the book has sold over 100 million copies. Roger Allers (The Lion King) is adapting the screenplay and will direct two chapters of the storyline in addition to framing the narrative which will be directed by a number of other filmmakers. To date, directors who have signed onto the project include: Marjane Satrapi (Oscar nominated for Persepolis), Chris Landreth (Oscar-winner for short Ryan), Tomm Moore (Oscar nominated for The Secret of Kells), Nina Paley (Sita Sings the Blues), Mohammed Saeed Harib (Freej), Michal Socha, Francesco Testa, Joan Gratz (Oscar winner for Mona Lisa Descending a Staircase) and Bill Plympton (Oscar-nominated for Guard Dog and Your Face).
Financiers Sign On For Salma Hayek's 'The Prophet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jared Leto In Talks For ‘Bloodshot’ At Sony
- Ric Roman Waugh Nears Deal To Direct ‘Angel Has Fallen’, Next Installment Of The ‘Olympus Has…
- ‘Atomic Blonde’ Review: Charlize Theron Kicks Ass, But Spy Action Thriller Has More Fight Than Bite
- Fox, 21 Laps Land Colm McCarthy For Coast Guard Thriller
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson In Hollywood To Pitch ‘The President Is Missing’ Novel
- Fede Alvarez & Good Universe’s Bad Hombre Set Techno Thriller As Debut Project