After a six-year stint as the lead of Syfy’s departing drama series Eureka, Colin Ferguson is switching to comedy as the lead in Bill Lawrence’s Fox pilot Like Father. The project, from Warner Bros. TV, is inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experience and centers on a father-son relationship. Ferguson will play the father Van Lyons, nicknamed “The Hurricane” for his bombastic personality. After his wife dies, Van moves into his son Will’s campus apartment. Also cast in the pilot are Phill Lewis (repped by Abrams Artists & KLWGN) as Van’s best friend and Kevin Michael Martin (TalentWorks & Sweeney Entertainment) as Will’s roommate and best friend. Like Father reunites Lewis with Lawrence after doing an arc as Hooch on Lawrence’s medical comedy Scrubs. In addition to writing/executive producing, Lawrence is also directing the pilot. Ferguson, who also served as a producer on Eureka, is repped by manager Perry Zimel and attorney Jeff Bernstein.
'Eureka' Star Colin Ferguson Gets Lead In Bill Lawrence's Fox Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Gets 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Nishi Munshi Joins CBS Comedy Pilot
- Noir Thriller VR Series ‘Memory Palace’ In Works From Telexist & Good Deed
- ‘The Village’: Warren Christie Cast In NBC Drama Pilot