After a six-year stint as the lead of Syfy’s departing drama series Eureka, Colin Ferguson is switching to comedy as the lead in Bill Lawrence’s Fox pilot Like Father. The project, from Warner Bros. TV, is inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experience and centers on a father-son relationship. Ferguson will play the father Van Lyons, nicknamed “The Hurricane” for his bombastic personality. After his wife dies, Van moves into his son Will’s campus apartment. Also cast in the pilot are Phill Lewis (repped by Abrams Artists & KLWGN) as Van’s best friend and Kevin Michael Martin (TalentWorks & Sweeney Entertainment) as Will’s roommate and best friend. Like Father reunites Lewis with Lawrence after doing an arc as Hooch on Lawrence’s medical comedy Scrubs. In addition to writing/executive producing, Lawrence is also directing the pilot. Ferguson, who also served as a producer on Eureka, is repped by manager Perry Zimel and attorney Jeff Bernstein.
'Eureka' Star Colin Ferguson Gets Lead In Bill Lawrence's Fox Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'