EXCLUSIVE: The CW tapped the offspring of acting royalty to play the prince in its futuristic drama pilot The Selection. Ethan Peck (full name Ethan Gregory Peck), the grandson of Oscar winner Gregory Peck, is set to star opposite Aimee Teegarden in the project, which draws parallels to The Hunger Games. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Maxon has an unusual run-in with potential bride America and is impressed and intrigued with her honesty and moxie. The CW has history of casting on its shows young actors who are the descendants of movie icons. Steven R. McQueen, the grandson of Steve McQueen, plays Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) brother on hit Vampire Diaries. Peck’s credits include feature In Time, a regular role on ABC Family’s 10 Things I Hate About You and an arc on the CW’s Gossip Girl. He is with ICM.
Ethan Peck To Star In CW Pilot 'Selection'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over