EXCLUSIVE: The CW tapped the offspring of acting royalty to play the prince in its futuristic drama pilot The Selection. Ethan Peck (full name Ethan Gregory Peck), the grandson of Oscar winner Gregory Peck, is set to star opposite Aimee Teegarden in the project, which draws parallels to The Hunger Games. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Maxon has an unusual run-in with potential bride America and is impressed and intrigued with her honesty and moxie. The CW has history of casting on its shows young actors who are the descendants of movie icons. Steven R. McQueen, the grandson of Steve McQueen, plays Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) brother on hit Vampire Diaries. Peck’s credits include feature In Time, a regular role on ABC Family’s 10 Things I Hate About You and an arc on the CW’s Gossip Girl. He is with ICM.
Ethan Peck To Star In CW Pilot 'Selection'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
‘The Man In The High Castle’ EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Fuller House’: Juan Pablo di Pace & Scott Weinger Upped To Regulars For Season 2
- HBO’s ‘All The Way’ Tops ‘Confirmation’ In Total Viewers But Not 2015’s ‘Bessie’
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Hacking Celebrity Computers
- NFL Awards Super Bowl 2021 To Los Angeles; NBC Broadcasting Big Game
- ‘Get Shorty’ TV Series Ordered By Epix
- CBS To Sweep TV Season As Networks Kick Around Super Bowl Impact