EXCLUSIVE: The CW tapped the offspring of acting royalty to play the prince in its futuristic drama pilot The Selection. Ethan Peck (full name Ethan Gregory Peck), the grandson of Oscar winner Gregory Peck, is set to star opposite Aimee Teegarden in the project, which draws parallels to The Hunger Games. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Maxon has an unusual run-in with potential bride America and is impressed and intrigued with her honesty and moxie. The CW has history of casting on its shows young actors who are the descendants of movie icons. Steven R. McQueen, the grandson of Steve McQueen, plays Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) brother on hit Vampire Diaries. Peck’s credits include feature In Time, a regular role on ABC Family’s 10 Things I Hate About You and an arc on the CW’s Gossip Girl. He is with ICM.
Ethan Peck To Star In CW Pilot 'Selection'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest TV News
- Stalking Horse Bidder Lantern Capital Has Competition In Race To Ride Off With Weinstein Company Assets
- ‘Big Little Lies’: Laura Dern Posts First Look At Season 2 Of HBO Drama
- John Oliver’s Mike Pence-Trolling Bunny Book Steals Amazon Top Spot From James Comey
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump For Rookie Mistake In Andrew McCabe Firing
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot