EXCLUSIVE: The CW tapped the offspring of acting royalty to play the prince in its futuristic drama pilot The Selection. Ethan Peck (full name Ethan Gregory Peck), the grandson of Oscar winner Gregory Peck, is set to star opposite Aimee Teegarden in the project, which draws parallels to The Hunger Games. Based on the upcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, The Selection is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. Written by Elizabeth Craft & Sarah Fain and directed by Mark Piznarski, it centers on America Singer (Teegarden), a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to marry Prince Maxon (Peck) and become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. Maxon has an unusual run-in with potential bride America and is impressed and intrigued with her honesty and moxie. The CW has history of casting on its shows young actors who are the descendants of movie icons. Steven R. McQueen, the grandson of Steve McQueen, plays Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) brother on hit Vampire Diaries. Peck’s credits include feature In Time, a regular role on ABC Family’s 10 Things I Hate About You and an arc on the CW’s Gossip Girl. He is with ICM.
Ethan Peck To Star In CW Pilot 'Selection'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets “Can’t Get Any Worse”
- ‘SNL’ Pokes At Donald Trump’s CNN Tweets – And Gives Shout-Out To Real-Life High School Supporter
- Megyn Kelly Says ‘Don’t Believe’ Media Speculation About Job Switch
- Netflix Sets Premieres For ‘Sense8’ Christmas Special & Season 2
- Fox Wins Night With PAC-12 Championship Ratings, ‘I Love Lucy’ Holiday Special Down
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88