EXCLUSIVE: Noreen Halpern, Entertainment One Television’s head of scripted programming, is leaving the company after 3 years. The move represents a parting of the ways for Halpern and long-time partner John Morayniss, who serves as eOne’s head of TV. In 2002, Halpern and Morayniss left Alliance-Atlantis together to launch their own independent studio, Blueprint Entertainment. In 2008, Blueprint was acquired by eOne. In the three years since, as President of Dramatic Programming, Halpern focused on investment in content, including the use of non-traditional financing for TV drama, and strategic partnerships. She oversaw all of eOne’s scripted series and longform projects, including drama series Hell On Wheels (AMC), Rookie Blue (ABC), Haven (Syfy), Hung (HBO) and The Firm (NBC). “It’s been an exciting journey, and I’m really proud of the shows we’ve put on the air,” Halpern said. “There’s an incredible development slate I’m leaving with a wonderful team who will keep things moving forward. But there are other mountains to climb and I’m looking forward to that.” According to eOne, the parting is “amicable” and Halpern will remain at the company to help with the transition. “Noreen’s countless contributions enabled eOne Television to expand and flourish year after year,” said Patrice Theroux, eOne’s President, Filmed Entertainment. “Noreen is a creative leader and visionary in the industry and we will certainly miss her presence.” There is no word on direct replacement but fellow Blueprint alum Michael Rosenberg has been handling the company’s scripted series under Halpern.
Entertainment One's Head Of Scripted TV Noreen Halpern Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?