Two-time Oscar winner Emma Thompson is in final negotiations to star in supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures. Directed by Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You) from his own adaptation of the New York Times best selling novel of the same name, Thompson will join current Oscar nominee Viola Davis as well as newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. Thompson will play the dual role of Mrs. Lincoln, a small town religious zealot, and Sarafine, who is the dark witch who possesses her. Erwin Stoff (I Am Legend) will produce along with Kosove and Johnson (The Book of Eli) and Molly Smith (P.S. I Love You). Thompson will next be seen in Sony’s MIB3, the third installment in the Men in Black franchise due out in May. Alcon, which has film rights to all three books in the series published by Little Brown Books is looking at Creatures to launch a possible franchise at Warner Bros. Filming will begin in April in and around New Orleans. Alcon recently produced Dolphin Tale, a 3-D family film starring Morgan Freeman, Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd and Kris Kristofferson. Thompson is repped by WME.
Emma Thomspon In Final Talks To Join 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings