EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Ellen Barkin is in final negotiations to co-star in The New Normal, NBC’s comedy pilot from the Glee duo of Ryan Murphy and Allison Adler. The single-camera project, co-written by Glee co-creator Murphy and Adler and to be directed by Murphy, is described as a heartwarming comedy about a blended family of a gay couple, with Andrew Rannells playing one of the guys, and the woman who becomes a surrogate to help them start a family. Barkin will play the splashy role of the surrogate’s mother. 20th Century Fox TV is producing the project, with Murphy, Adler and Dante Di Loreto executive producing. Barkin was most recently seen in the indie Another Happy Day and making her Broadway debut in The Normal Heart, which earned her her a Tony Award last year.
Ellen Barkin To Co-Star In Ryan Murphy/Ali Adler's NBC Comedy Pilot 'The New Normal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'