EXCLUSIVE: Even though Disney scrapped a fall start date for The Lone Ranger, and then green lit the film for a mid-February start date once director Gore Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer brought a $250 million + budget down to around $215 million, the cast around Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer remained pretty much intact. But now the picture has lost one of its major bad guys. Dwight Yoakam has dropped out of the picture, and insiders attribute it to a scheduling conflict.
Dwight Yoakam Bows Out Of 'The Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…