Doug Liman is putting together a documentary entitled Reckoning With Torture: Memos And Testimonies From The War On Terror. The American Civil Liberties Union and the PEN American Center are expected to announce their collaboration with Liman tomorrow. The script for the feature-length documentary is compiled from documents on prisoner abuse and torture, according to the New York Times. Some documents were obtained through Freedom of Information Act requests, and footage will consist of user-submitted videos of readings of these documents. The director of The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Fair Game said he has undertaken the project to raise awareness about real-life violence, politics and torture. But he claims he doesn’t have a political agenda. “If you just read these documents, they don’t need editorializing,” Liman told the Times. “It’s not a Democrat or a Republican thing. It’s a moral issue, it’s an issue of what it means to be an American and what we stand for as a country.”
Doug Liman Making Documentary On Torture
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best Of 2015
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?