EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, Errol Morris Highlight Documentary Line-Up For NY Film Festival
- Joe Swanberg’s Forager Films Wades Into Distribution With ‘Little Sister’
- ‘Euphoria’ Rounds Out Cast With Charles Dance, Adrian Lester & Mark Stanley
- Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters ‘Barakah Meets Barakah’ In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom’s Second…
- See-Saw Films Hires Simon Gillis To Run Commercial Affairs; Steve McQueen To Receive BFI Fellowship – Global Briefs
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’