EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes Est. $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days For Lionsgate
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date