EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- Cannes Film Festival Moves Dates For 2018
- Grasshopper Acquires Sundance Doc ‘Did You Wonder Who Fired The Gun?’
- ZDF Enterprises Pre-emptively Purchases Thornton Brothers Pitch ‘The Incorruptibles’
- In Hollywood, Few Female Stunt Performers Are Allowed To Drive
- Ashley Hamilton To Helm ‘Gothic Harvest’; UTA Inks Jason Kohn; Comedy Dynamics Nabs Two Titles – Film Briefs
- Tig Notaro To Host Artios Awards; Nicole Kidman To Present Award To Kevin Huvane