EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest Film News
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie