EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin's Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
Latest Film News
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $33M+; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Friday Late…
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Nils Larsen Joins Management 360
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…