EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Still Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend B.O.; 'Steve Jobs' Launches Best Theater Average This Year - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgement’ Is Stunningly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk