EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Amy Schumer Takes Serious Turn In 'Thank You For Your Service;' PTSD Drama By 'American Sniper' Scribe Jason Hall
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Considering Sale As It Explores Strategic Alternatives To Current Expansion Plans
- YouTube Red Unveils New Projects As Service Goes Live
- Paddy Considine And Producer Diarmid Scrimshaw Re-Teaming On ‘Journeyman’, StudioCanal To Release in UK- Berlin
- Lionsgate UK Acquires Luc Besson’s Sci-Fi Epic ‘Valerian’- Berlin
- Oscar Bait Fassbender-Vikander Film ‘The Light Between Oceans’ Dated For Next Awards Season
- Johnny Depp To Star In ‘The Invisible Man’ At Universal