EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest Film News
- The Weinstein Co. Names Executive With Experience In Restructuring To Board Of Directors
- Universal Answers Call To Make A ‘Tommyknockers’ Movie, Wins Bidding For Stephen King Novel
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status
- TriStar To Distribute ‘Happiest Season’ Comedy From Clea DuVall & Mary Holland
- Imagine Entertainment Not Filling CEO Role After Charlie Corwin Exit, “Invested In Him Going Forward”
- WGA Seeks To Reshape Talent Agency Business With Proposal For New Deal