EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- Jennifer Lawrence, Steven Spielberg & Warner Bros Land War Photog Memoir ‘It’s What I Do’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- Weinstein Gobbles McDonald’s ‘Founder’ Pic; Michael Keaton Starring
- Luc Besson Finds New Action Hero? EuropaCorp Sets Sullivan Stapleton For ‘The Lake’
- IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’