EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
X Japan Docu 'We Are X' Picked Up By Mongrel International; Simon West Attached To Helm 'War Wolf' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz On Croisette For ‘Escobar’ – Cannes
- Fox Taps Superhero Tale ‘Irredeemable’; Adam McKay Helms, Tommy Wirkola Scripting
- Emmy Winner Bradley Whitford Inks With ICM Partners
- Russell Crowe To Star, James Franco To Direct Cormac McCarthy’s ‘Blood Meridian’- Cannes
- Broad Green Seals Matt Alvarez As President Of Production
- Teyonah Parris In Talks To Star In ‘Buffalo Soldier Girl’ For Filmmaker Christine Swanson