EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is ready to set sail on Noah, the Biblical story of Noah’s Ark. I’m hearing that the Black Swan director wants Russell Crowe to play the title role in the New Regency/Paramount film. I can’t tell you that this is all going to lead to a deal but signs are pointing that way. I have also heard Aronofsky wants The Grey star Liam Neeson for another role. It all starts with Noah, though and it’s nice to see Crowe, one of those larger than life actors, entertaining the prospect of taking on such an iconic role. From Gladiator, L.A. Confidential, The Insider and on down, few actors match his intensity and talent. Gladiator scribe John Logan rewrote the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and Aronofsky and Scott Franklin are producing with Mary Parent. Crowe is repped by WME.
Does Russell Crowe Float Your Boat As Noah In Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Film?
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway, Julie Taymor Spin Bleak Magic In Searing Drone Drama ‘Grounded’
- ‘Cinderella’ Scores In Japan; ‘Home’ Lands In China: More International Box Office
- How ‘Ex Machina’ Seduced Crowds And Is Poised To Be Summer’s Sleeper Hit
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Opens To Mighty $201.2M Overseas; Sets IMAX Record
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- No Sunday Column