Dennis Quaid is testing the series series waters. The feature actor is in negotiations for the lead in CBS’ untitled Las Vegas period drama pilot (form. Ralph Lamb). Because of the size and the complexity of the deal, things are still moving slowly after a week of talks. Also in negotiations for the project is Michael Chiklis who is eying the pilot as part of his development/talent holding deal with CBS. The show tells the true story of Ralph Lamb, the role Quaid is in talks for – rodeo cowboy turned longtime Sheriff of Las Vegas. Former Shield star Chiklis is in negotiations to play Johnny Savino, a Chicago mobster who recently moved to Las Vegas, a ruthless killer with a polished edge. Goodfellas‘ Nicholas Pileggi co-wrote the script with Greg Walker, and James Mangold is directing. The two are executive producing with Cathy Konrad and Arthur Sarkissian.
Dennis Quaid & Michael Chiklis In Talks To Star In CBS' 1960s Las Vegas Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Viceland Enters Late Night With ‘Desus & Mero’, Orders Tyler the Creator Series, Renews ‘Huang’s World…
- ‘Ice’: Audrey Marie Anderson Joins Antoine Fuqua’s Audience Drama Series
- Issa Rae Inks First-Look Deal With HBO
- ‘Shameless’: Showtime Releases Official Season 7 Trailer And Poster Art
- Woody Allen’s ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’: First Photos Of Amazon Series
- ‘Today’ Wins Week After Rio Games Wrap, But ‘CBS This Morning’ Shows Growth