Dennis Quaid is testing the series series waters. The feature actor is in negotiations for the lead in CBS’ untitled Las Vegas period drama pilot (form. Ralph Lamb). Because of the size and the complexity of the deal, things are still moving slowly after a week of talks. Also in negotiations for the project is Michael Chiklis who is eying the pilot as part of his development/talent holding deal with CBS. The show tells the true story of Ralph Lamb, the role Quaid is in talks for – rodeo cowboy turned longtime Sheriff of Las Vegas. Former Shield star Chiklis is in negotiations to play Johnny Savino, a Chicago mobster who recently moved to Las Vegas, a ruthless killer with a polished edge. Goodfellas‘ Nicholas Pileggi co-wrote the script with Greg Walker, and James Mangold is directing. The two are executive producing with Cathy Konrad and Arthur Sarkissian.
Dennis Quaid & Michael Chiklis In Talks To Star In CBS' 1960s Las Vegas Drama Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres