Dennis Quaid is testing the series series waters. The feature actor is in negotiations for the lead in CBS’ untitled Las Vegas period drama pilot (form. Ralph Lamb). Because of the size and the complexity of the deal, things are still moving slowly after a week of talks. Also in negotiations for the project is Michael Chiklis who is eying the pilot as part of his development/talent holding deal with CBS. The show tells the true story of Ralph Lamb, the role Quaid is in talks for – rodeo cowboy turned longtime Sheriff of Las Vegas. Former Shield star Chiklis is in negotiations to play Johnny Savino, a Chicago mobster who recently moved to Las Vegas, a ruthless killer with a polished edge. Goodfellas‘ Nicholas Pileggi co-wrote the script with Greg Walker, and James Mangold is directing. The two are executive producing with Cathy Konrad and Arthur Sarkissian.
Dennis Quaid & Michael Chiklis In Talks To Star In CBS' 1960s Las Vegas Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble