David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips