David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Graham Moore-Marc Forster Outbreak Drama Gets 10-Episode NBC Series Order
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Jonathan Tropper Inks Deal With HBO-Cinemax
- Lori Loughlin Set For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- NBC Holding Open Casting Call For Dorothy In ‘The Wiz Live!’
- ‘Urban Cowboy’ Drama Series In Development At Fox
- The Big Bang Theory STEM Scholarship Set At UCLA