David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two