David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘Shameless’ Adds Four To Cast & Reveals The Scoop On Season 7
- DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC
- ‘This Is Us’: Jon Huertas Joins Dan Fogelman NBC Dramedy
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Richard Kind, The Last Martin O’Malley Supporter, Attends DNC For Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers