David Morrissey (State Of Play) has landed one of the most anticipated roles on AMC’s The Walking Dead. The British actor is set to join the megahit zombie drama as a new series regular in Season 3, playing The Governor, a popular character from Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel that serves as the basis for the AMC series. The Governor is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for The Walking Dead‘s lead Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group. Morrissey, repped by The Collective and Troika in the UK, recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong.
David Morrissey To Play The Governor On AMC's 'The Walking Dead' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury