Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- Jeff Zucker Seeks To Assure CNN Staff After Death Threats Cite “Fake News”
- National Geographic Partners “Modernizes,” Laying Off 1% Of Total Workforce
- ‘The Resident’ Down In Regular Slot Debut, Lifts Fox Monday Viewership; ABC’s ‘The Good Doctor’ & ‘The Bachelor…
- 3 Arts Entertainment Hires Lord Miller’s Katie Newman As Manager
- Starz To Air #ThatsHarassment Shorts As Primetime Special
- 'False Profits' Comedic Soap From Kayla Alpert & Jason Reed Gets ABC Pilot Order