Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- Hulu And Viacom Renew And Expand Streaming Programming Deal
- Kevin Pereira To Host Celebrity Passion Series ‘Super Into’ For TruTV
- ‘The Leftovers’ Opens Season 2 With Early 713K Tuned In To Premiere In L+SD
- ‘The Last Kingdom’ First-Look Clip: Uhtred’s Life-Changing Moment
- ABC Family To Be Renamed As Freeform
- ‘Scorpion’ Ratings Inch Up While ‘Minority Report’ Slips To 0.7 In Adults 18-49