Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly To Guest Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly’ As Rupert Murdoch Courts Her Via Newspaper Interview
- Karl Rove Defends Megyn Kelly, Dings Donald Trump And Newt Gingrich For “Sex” Talk
- Skyler Gisondo Joins ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’; ‘Mating’ Adds Emma Duncan
- Stephen Colbert Explains To Newt Gingrich Why Sex Always Is More Interesting Than Public Policy
- ABC Sets John Corey Cop Drama Based On Novels; Mace Neufeld & John Davis To EP
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Bryan Fuller Steps Down As Showrunner