Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest TV News
- ‘Queer Eye’ Trailer: The Netflix Reboot Comes In With Style And Social Awareness
- Donald Trump Crashes GOP Site With “Fake News” Awards To NYT, ABC News, CNN, “Russia Collusion”
- Jane Fonda Talks TV’s Power, Tom Selleck Describes His Acting Approach At Brandon Tartikoff Awards — NATPE
- ‘One Mississippi’, ‘I Love Dick’ & ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ Canceled By Amazon
- MarVista Acquires Rights To Dystopian Novel ‘Sinless’ For TV Series
- Hector Elizondo & Holland Taylor To Star In Norman Lear & Peter Tolan's 'Guess Who Died' NBC Comedy Pilot