Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
Latest TV News
- Daytime Emmy Nominations: 'General Hospital' Leads Programs & CBS Tops Networks
- ‘The Boys’: ‘Suicide Squad’s Karen Fukuhara Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
- Fred Savage Responds To Harassment Allegations; Calls Claims “Absolutely Without Merit & Completely Untrue”
- Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against ‘The Grinder’ Actor “Unfounded”, Finds No Evidence of…
- NBC Ups Scripted Execs Cara Dellaverson & Jeff Meyerson In Drama & Comedy
- USA Network Premiere Dates: ‘Shooter’, ‘Colony’, ‘Queen Of The South’, ‘Chrisley’…