Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Jay Leno's Final 'Tonight Show': Obama Appoints Him Ambassador To Antarctica While Billy Crystal, Oprah Winfrey, Garth Brooks And More Serenade Host: Video
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: On Jack Kirby’s 100th Anniversary, Tributes To “The King Of Comics” From Stan Lee, Frank Miller, Kevin Feige, Geoff…
- Mike Downey Named Artistic Director Of Antalya Festival; AMC Networks Int’l Hires Alejandro Kember…
- Amazon Picks Up Australian Series ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ Starring Natalie Dormer
- How To Watch O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing
- E! Spins ‘The Platinum Life’: Reality Series With Music’s Wives & Girlfriends
- Comic-Con Photo Gallery: ‘Legion’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Go Large, ‘Stranger Things’ & ‘Defenders’ Take Over Gaslamp In Annual…