Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- DNC Ratings Top RNC Again On Day 2 With Bill Clinton Speech; ABC & CBS Down From 2012
- ‘Peep Show’: U.S. Adaptation Of Cult UK Comedy Series In Works At Starz
- Brexit “Great Boxoffice” For Queen Elizabeth And Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ – TCA
- ‘StartUp’ Trailer: Extended Look At Crackle’s New Drama Series
- ‘Homeland’: Elizabeth Marvel Cast As U.S. President-Elect In Season 6
- Donald Trump Impersonates ‘SNL’s Jon Lovitz In Presser Blasting Clintons & DNC