Dane Cook is set to star in the NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Next Caller Please. The Lionsgate/Universal TV project, written by Stephen Falk, centers on Cam Doherty (Cook), a brash, hard-drinking, no-filter maverick DJ of a satellite radio show whose world is rocked with the arrival of perky, feminist new on-air co-host Stella Stoobler (Collette Wolfe). Cook’s casting stems from the NBC development deal he signed last fall. Cook most recently guest starred on the FX comedy Louie and appeared in the features Answers to Nothing, Detention and Guns and Girls & Gambling. UTA-repped Cook has a very successful stand-up career: He has sold out arena venues such as Madison Square Garden and Staples Center, released several multi-platinum comedy albums and DVDs and starred in a slew of cable standup specials.
Dane Cook To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Next Caller Please'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- The Irwin Family Returning To Animal Planet With New Projects – Mipcom
- Diana Ross To Receive American Music Award For Lifetime Achievement
- ‘House Of Cards’ Not Only TV Show Binged By Russian Trolls, Jordan Klepper Reveals
- Donald Trump: “I Have Proof” Dem Rep “Fabricated” His Words To Soldier’s Widow
- Critical Content Takes Stake In UK’s Renowned Films – Mipcom
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom