EXCLUSIVE: Jason Jones will play an Interpol agent in the heist comedy The Black Marks. The film stars Kurt Russell as Crunch Calhoun, a third rate motorcycle daredevil and semi-reformed art thief who decides to take on one more job in the Jonathan Sobol directed feature. The Daily Show correspondent joins an extensive cast including Russell, Matt Dillon, Jay Baruchel (Goon), Terence Stamp (The Adjustment Bureau), Chris Diamantopoulos (‘Moe’ in the upcoming Three Stooges), Katheryn Winnick (Love and Other Drugs) and Kenneth Welsh (Grey Gardens). Darius Films principal Nicholas Tabarrok is producing the film. Jeff Sackman and Alliance Films Executive Vice President Noah Segal are executive producers. The Black Marks will be released by Dimension Films in the U.S. and in Canada by Alliance Films. Principal photography for The Black Marks runs from January 16 to February 25 in Toronto. Founded in 1998, Darius Films is a film and television production company with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. Their most recent completed film, A Beginner’s Guide To Endings starring Harvey Keitel, Scott Caan and JK Simmons, will be released in the spring of 2012.
'Daily Show's Jason Jones Joins Heist Comedy 'The Black Marks'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Latest Film News
- IFC Closing Deal For Director’s Fortnight Pic ‘A Ciambra:’ Cannes
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch