EXCLUSIVE: Jason Jones will play an Interpol agent in the heist comedy The Black Marks. The film stars Kurt Russell as Crunch Calhoun, a third rate motorcycle daredevil and semi-reformed art thief who decides to take on one more job in the Jonathan Sobol directed feature. The Daily Show correspondent joins an extensive cast including Russell, Matt Dillon, Jay Baruchel (Goon), Terence Stamp (The Adjustment Bureau), Chris Diamantopoulos (‘Moe’ in the upcoming Three Stooges), Katheryn Winnick (Love and Other Drugs) and Kenneth Welsh (Grey Gardens). Darius Films principal Nicholas Tabarrok is producing the film. Jeff Sackman and Alliance Films Executive Vice President Noah Segal are executive producers. The Black Marks will be released by Dimension Films in the U.S. and in Canada by Alliance Films. Principal photography for The Black Marks runs from January 16 to February 25 in Toronto. Founded in 1998, Darius Films is a film and television production company with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. Their most recent completed film, A Beginner’s Guide To Endings starring Harvey Keitel, Scott Caan and JK Simmons, will be released in the spring of 2012.
'Daily Show's Jason Jones Joins Heist Comedy 'The Black Marks'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- SXSW Apollo Documentary ‘Mission Control’ Rockets To Gravitas Ventures
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records – Box Office
- China’s Recon Buys 51% Of Millennium Films For $100M
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story
- Toronto Film Fest Reducing Lineup By 20%; Retires Vanguard, City To City Sections
- WGA Membership Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom