In what would be his first series-regular gig, Cuba Gooding Jr is set as the lead in Fox’s legal drama pilot Guilty, from Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti. The project, written by Guggenheim and to be directed by McG, centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been prohibited from handling … and to exact revenge on those who set him up. Guggenheim, Berlanti, McG and Peter Johnson executive produce the pilot for Warner Bros TV. While broadcast networks very rarely cast black actors as the leads of drama series, this pilot season we have two such projects — Guilty and ABC’s Last Resort, toplined by Andre Braugher. Additionally, Kerry Washington plays the lead in ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series Scandal. Gooding Jr, best known for his Oscar-winning turn in Jerry Maguire, recently co-starred in George Lucas’ Red Tails.
Cuba Gooding Jr. To Star In Fox Pilot 'Guilty'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Books Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’ For Expected NH Primary Victory Lap
- ‘Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn’ Renewed For Season 3 By Nickelodeon; Creator Exits
- John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’ Casts Marcus Anderson
- Disney Theatricals Sets Broadway Timeline For Fresh ‘Frozen’ Musical In 2018
- NBC Nabs Most Demo Viewers During Iowa Caucus Week; ABC Snags Biggest Overall Crowd
- Colm Feore, Alex Kingston & Jacob Vargas Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot ‘Crushed’