In what would be his first series-regular gig, Cuba Gooding Jr is set as the lead in Fox’s legal drama pilot Guilty, from Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti. The project, written by Guggenheim and to be directed by McG, centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been prohibited from handling … and to exact revenge on those who set him up. Guggenheim, Berlanti, McG and Peter Johnson executive produce the pilot for Warner Bros TV. While broadcast networks very rarely cast black actors as the leads of drama series, this pilot season we have two such projects — Guilty and ABC’s Last Resort, toplined by Andre Braugher. Additionally, Kerry Washington plays the lead in ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series Scandal. Gooding Jr, best known for his Oscar-winning turn in Jerry Maguire, recently co-starred in George Lucas’ Red Tails.
Cuba Gooding Jr. To Star In Fox Pilot 'Guilty'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios