In what would be his first series-regular gig, Cuba Gooding Jr is set as the lead in Fox’s legal drama pilot Guilty, from Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti. The project, written by Guggenheim and to be directed by McG, centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been prohibited from handling … and to exact revenge on those who set him up. Guggenheim, Berlanti, McG and Peter Johnson executive produce the pilot for Warner Bros TV. While broadcast networks very rarely cast black actors as the leads of drama series, this pilot season we have two such projects — Guilty and ABC’s Last Resort, toplined by Andre Braugher. Additionally, Kerry Washington plays the lead in ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series Scandal. Gooding Jr, best known for his Oscar-winning turn in Jerry Maguire, recently co-starred in George Lucas’ Red Tails.
Cuba Gooding Jr. To Star In Fox Pilot 'Guilty'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against…
- NFL Draft Day 1 Ratings Lowest For ESPN Since 2013
- Kristen Hager Joins ‘The Kennedys: After Camelot’ Miniseries On Reelz
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian As SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series