In what would be his first series-regular gig, Cuba Gooding Jr is set as the lead in Fox’s legal drama pilot Guilty, from Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti. The project, written by Guggenheim and to be directed by McG, centers on William “Billy” Remz (Gooding), a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been prohibited from handling … and to exact revenge on those who set him up. Guggenheim, Berlanti, McG and Peter Johnson executive produce the pilot for Warner Bros TV. While broadcast networks very rarely cast black actors as the leads of drama series, this pilot season we have two such projects — Guilty and ABC’s Last Resort, toplined by Andre Braugher. Additionally, Kerry Washington plays the lead in ABC’s upcoming midseason drama series Scandal. Gooding Jr, best known for his Oscar-winning turn in Jerry Maguire, recently co-starred in George Lucas’ Red Tails.
Cuba Gooding Jr. To Star In Fox Pilot 'Guilty'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- White House Stands By John Kelly’s “Empty Barrel” Crack About Florida Congresswoman Frederica Wilson
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Tweets ‘Veep’ Co-Stars’ ‘Roar’, Shares Chemo Update
- ABC Developing Marriage Drama ‘Vows’ From Doug Robinson & David Hubbard
- Six-Second Ads Rise Up With ‘Walking Dead,’ Fox And The NFL Leading The Way
- ‘Will & Grace’ Ratings Stabilize To Top Thursday, ‘Arrow’ Steady As ‘Scandal’ & ‘HTGAWM’ Slip To Lows With No…
- Amazon’s Morgan Wandell Joins Apple As Head Of International TV Development