EXCLUSIVE: Veteran comedy writer-producer Victor Fresco, creator of such cult favorites as Fox’s Andy Richer Controls The Universe and ABC’s Better Off Ted, has sighed an overall deal with Universal Television. The two-year pact, which starts in June, represents one of the first major talent signings for Universal Television since the NBC-affiliated studio was re-established as a full-fledged entity supplying all networks last summer and Bela Bajaria was appointed to run it under NBC topper Bob Greenblatt. “Victor Fresco has a sharp comedic point of view and is well-regarded by talent and networks alike,” Bajaria said. “We are excited to make this new home for Victor.” Fresco will move to NBC after 5 years at ABC Studios. There he created and executive produced Better Off Ted, which ran on ABC for 2 seasons, and most recently served as a showrunner on freshman ABC comedy Man Up. Before ABC Studios, Fresco, repped by ICM and attorney Jared Levine, did stints at 20th Century Fox TV and Paramount TV.
Comedy Writer-Producer Victor Fresco Signs Overal Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order