EXCLUSIVE: Veteran comedy writer-producer Victor Fresco, creator of such cult favorites as Fox’s Andy Richer Controls The Universe and ABC’s Better Off Ted, has sighed an overall deal with Universal Television. The two-year pact, which starts in June, represents one of the first major talent signings for Universal Television since the NBC-affiliated studio was re-established as a full-fledged entity supplying all networks last summer and Bela Bajaria was appointed to run it under NBC topper Bob Greenblatt. “Victor Fresco has a sharp comedic point of view and is well-regarded by talent and networks alike,” Bajaria said. “We are excited to make this new home for Victor.” Fresco will move to NBC after 5 years at ABC Studios. There he created and executive produced Better Off Ted, which ran on ABC for 2 seasons, and most recently served as a showrunner on freshman ABC comedy Man Up. Before ABC Studios, Fresco, repped by ICM and attorney Jared Levine, did stints at 20th Century Fox TV and Paramount TV.
Comedy Writer-Producer Victor Fresco Signs Overal Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: David Harbour, Chris Meloni Talk Being Leading Men & Regretful Roles In ‘Brave New Warriors’ Panel
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Panel Kicks Off With Surprise David Lynch Video Visit – Comic-Con
- O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing Attracts 13 Million On Traditional TV
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Brings Winter To Comic-Con Hall H: Child-Burning Witch Melisandre Advising Daenerys Targaryen?
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- ‘Hannity’ Books Sean Spicer, Anthony Scaramucci & Reince Priebus To Spin White House Press Office Explosion