EXCLUSIVE: FX is developing a half-hour comedy created by and starring comedian Dana Gould and executive produced by Foo Fighters’ lead vocalist/songwriter Dave Grohl. Gould is writing/executive the project, which centers on a rock band on the verge of mega-stardom who finds itself on the verge of breaking up and is forced to seek professional help in a last-ditch effort to stay together. Unfortunately, they end up with a misanthropic couple’s therapist from Agoura on the brink of divorce. Gould, a fan of Grohl’s music, approached him about joining the project. Grohl has a reputation of being one of the funniest rock stars who is friends with a lot of comedians. In addition to Gould and Grohl, executive producing the project are 3 Arts’ Tom Lassally and Dave Becky and Bill Gerber of Gerber Pictures. Gould previously wrote, executive produced and starred in the 2010 ABC pilot Nolan Knows Best. He is currently writing feature Moon People for Sony with Mosaic producing. Gould’s podcast The Dana Gould Hour premieres today on iTunes and Podcaster. The project was packaged by UTA, which reps Gould and Gerber.
Comedian Dana Gould & Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl Team For Rock Band FX Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?