EXCLUSIVE: FX is developing a half-hour comedy created by and starring comedian Dana Gould and executive produced by Foo Fighters’ lead vocalist/songwriter Dave Grohl. Gould is writing/executive the project, which centers on a rock band on the verge of mega-stardom who finds itself on the verge of breaking up and is forced to seek professional help in a last-ditch effort to stay together. Unfortunately, they end up with a misanthropic couple’s therapist from Agoura on the brink of divorce. Gould, a fan of Grohl’s music, approached him about joining the project. Grohl has a reputation of being one of the funniest rock stars who is friends with a lot of comedians. In addition to Gould and Grohl, executive producing the project are 3 Arts’ Tom Lassally and Dave Becky and Bill Gerber of Gerber Pictures. Gould previously wrote, executive produced and starred in the 2010 ABC pilot Nolan Knows Best. He is currently writing feature Moon People for Sony with Mosaic producing. Gould’s podcast The Dana Gould Hour premieres today on iTunes and Podcaster. The project was packaged by UTA, which reps Gould and Gerber.
Comedian Dana Gould & Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl Team For Rock Band FX Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire