EXCLUSIVE: FX is developing a half-hour comedy created by and starring comedian Dana Gould and executive produced by Foo Fighters’ lead vocalist/songwriter Dave Grohl. Gould is writing/executive the project, which centers on a rock band on the verge of mega-stardom who finds itself on the verge of breaking up and is forced to seek professional help in a last-ditch effort to stay together. Unfortunately, they end up with a misanthropic couple’s therapist from Agoura on the brink of divorce. Gould, a fan of Grohl’s music, approached him about joining the project. Grohl has a reputation of being one of the funniest rock stars who is friends with a lot of comedians. In addition to Gould and Grohl, executive producing the project are 3 Arts’ Tom Lassally and Dave Becky and Bill Gerber of Gerber Pictures. Gould previously wrote, executive produced and starred in the 2010 ABC pilot Nolan Knows Best. He is currently writing feature Moon People for Sony with Mosaic producing. Gould’s podcast The Dana Gould Hour premieres today on iTunes and Podcaster. The project was packaged by UTA, which reps Gould and Gerber.
Comedian Dana Gould & Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl Team For Rock Band FX Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report