EXCLUSIVE: In a pioneering move for a foreign-language film targeting U.S. audiences, Latin American independent studio Talleres Uchawi will work with Facebook to bring Lecciones Para Un Beso (Lessons for a Kiss) via online rental. The move is among the first for a specialty release targeting North America. Users will pay one dollar to “rent” the film which will be accessible by its fan page followers, which currently number over 165,000. The romantic comedy directed by Juan Pablo Bustamante premiered in its native Colombia to box office records in 2011. The film revolves around a Bogota teenager who is forced to move to Cartagena where his mother decides to open a restaurant. There he falls in love with a young girl who he tries woo for a kiss. He solicits the help of three men in his mother’s restaurant who bet among themselves whose advice will win the teen his elusive love’s affections. Lecciones Para Un Beso will be available to US and Latin American audiences.
Colombia's 'Lecciones' To Pioneer Facebook Release In U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Issa Rae Joins Bill Hader In ‘Empress Of Serenity’
- Joe & Anthony Russo Set Next Pic By ‘Swiss Army Man’ Daniels Duo
- No. 16 ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Room’s Lenny Abrahamson Lights Up FBI Siege Tale ‘Burning Rainbow Farm’
- Megan Mullally & Nick Offerman Snag Movie Rights To Bestseller ‘Lincoln In The Bardo’
- Denise Richards, Mischa Barton Star In ‘The Toybox’; Katrina Bowden & Kate Flannery Join ‘Fishbowl California…