EXCLUSIVE: In a pioneering move for a foreign-language film targeting U.S. audiences, Latin American independent studio Talleres Uchawi will work with Facebook to bring Lecciones Para Un Beso (Lessons for a Kiss) via online rental. The move is among the first for a specialty release targeting North America. Users will pay one dollar to “rent” the film which will be accessible by its fan page followers, which currently number over 165,000. The romantic comedy directed by Juan Pablo Bustamante premiered in its native Colombia to box office records in 2011. The film revolves around a Bogota teenager who is forced to move to Cartagena where his mother decides to open a restaurant. There he falls in love with a young girl who he tries woo for a kiss. He solicits the help of three men in his mother’s restaurant who bet among themselves whose advice will win the teen his elusive love’s affections. Lecciones Para Un Beso will be available to US and Latin American audiences.
Colombia's 'Lecciones' To Pioneer Facebook Release In U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner