EXCLUSIVE: In a pioneering move for a foreign-language film targeting U.S. audiences, Latin American independent studio Talleres Uchawi will work with Facebook to bring Lecciones Para Un Beso (Lessons for a Kiss) via online rental. The move is among the first for a specialty release targeting North America. Users will pay one dollar to “rent” the film which will be accessible by its fan page followers, which currently number over 165,000. The romantic comedy directed by Juan Pablo Bustamante premiered in its native Colombia to box office records in 2011. The film revolves around a Bogota teenager who is forced to move to Cartagena where his mother decides to open a restaurant. There he falls in love with a young girl who he tries woo for a kiss. He solicits the help of three men in his mother’s restaurant who bet among themselves whose advice will win the teen his elusive love’s affections. Lecciones Para Un Beso will be available to US and Latin American audiences.
Colombia's 'Lecciones' To Pioneer Facebook Release In U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Film Independent & IFC Renew Independent Spirit Awards Telecast Through 2020
- Audiences Plan To Get Into ‘Get Out’ – Weekend B.O. Preview
- ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea' Trailer: Animated Disaster Comedy From Dash Shaw
- CAA Signs French Actor-Comedian Kev Adams
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Will Not be Watching Oscars For “Meryl Streep Moment” On Sunday
- ‘My Abandonment’ From ‘Winter’s Bone’ Director Lands Financing From Bron, First Look