After recently acquiring Berlin Film Festival opener Farewell, My Queen, indie distributor Cohen Media Group has picked up The Other Son (Le Fils De L’Autre) for the US. The EFM title is being handled by Paris-based Cité Films. Directed by Lorraine Levy, the film stars Emmanuelle Devos, Pascal Elbé, Jules Sitruck and Mehdi Dehbi. Written by Natalie Saugeon, Levy and Noam Fitoussi, it tells the story of an Israeli teen who discovers he was switched at birth with the child of a Palestinian family on the West Bank. The lives of the two families are suddenly shattered by the revelation that forces them to reconsider their identities, values and beliefs. Deal was negotiated by Cohen chairman/CEO Charles S. Cohen and Cité managing director Raphael Berdugo.
Cohen Media Group Takes French Title 'The Other Son' For The U.S.: Berlin
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Johnny Depp, Natalie Portman Drive Tempting Packages As Strike Talk Looms
- George Lucas Family Foundation Donates An Additional $10M To USC In Support of Student Diversity
- ‘The Boss Baby’ Review: Alec Baldwin Is Newborn On A Mission In Funny & Frenetic Toon
- Roman Polanski Lashes Out As Judge Ponders Possible U.S. Return
- ‘Ness’ Locks Up Paul Greengrass And Brian Helgeland For Paramount Pictures
- Jim Gianopulos Takes Reins Of Paramount As Chairman & CEO