After recently acquiring Berlin Film Festival opener Farewell, My Queen, indie distributor Cohen Media Group has picked up The Other Son (Le Fils De L’Autre) for the US. The EFM title is being handled by Paris-based Cité Films. Directed by Lorraine Levy, the film stars Emmanuelle Devos, Pascal Elbé, Jules Sitruck and Mehdi Dehbi. Written by Natalie Saugeon, Levy and Noam Fitoussi, it tells the story of an Israeli teen who discovers he was switched at birth with the child of a Palestinian family on the West Bank. The lives of the two families are suddenly shattered by the revelation that forces them to reconsider their identities, values and beliefs. Deal was negotiated by Cohen chairman/CEO Charles S. Cohen and Cité managing director Raphael Berdugo.
Cohen Media Group Takes French Title 'The Other Son' For The U.S.: Berlin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group
- Netflix Launches In France With A New Partner — And A New Rival