CNN has suspended Roland Martin for “regrettable and offensive” tweets the political commentator posted during the Super Bowl. Martin commented on Twitter, “If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him.” The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation said the remark advocated violence against gays. “CNN today took a strong stand against anti-LGBT violence and language that demeans any community,” said GLAAD’s Rich Ferraro. “Yesterday, Martin also spoke out against anti-LGBT violence. We look forward to hearing from CNN and Roland Martin to discuss how we can work together as allies and achieve our common goal of reducing such violence as well as the language that contributes to it.”
CNN Suspends Roland Martin For Tweets
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE