GOP presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Ron Paul on Thursday had backed out of the planned March 1 debate in Atlanta, and Rick Santorum had not responded. So CNN went ahead and canceled the event this afternoon, saying its debate in Arizona on February 22 moderated by John King will go ahead as planned. The Romney and Paul camps ciited conflicts with campaign schedules ahead of the eight-primary Super Tuesday on March 6 as reasons for not attending; only Newt Gingrich among the four remaining candidates had agreed to show up. It would have been the 19th televised debate this presidential election cycle among the broadcast and cable news networks.
CNN Cancels March 1 GOP Debate
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Gets 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Nishi Munshi Joins CBS Comedy Pilot
- Noir Thriller VR Series ‘Memory Palace’ In Works From Telexist & Good Deed
- ‘The Village’: Warren Christie Cast In NBC Drama Pilot