CMT has given early second-season pickups to breakout new reality series Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation for a June launch. The move is a no-brainer as the two series debuted in January to record-breaking numbers and have become CMT’s two highest-rated original series in history. “Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation with Tom Arnold have energized Saturday nights on CMT and become runaway hits for the network,” said CMT’s EVP Jayson Dinsmore. The series are part of CMT’s push in reality TV after the network flirted briefly with original sitcoms. Bayou Billionaires, produced by Maglia Entertainment, tells the story of the hardworking and close-knit Dowden family of Shreveport, La. who recently struck it rich when the fourth largest deposit of natural gas in the United States was found on their property. The Pink Sneakers-produced My Big Redneck Vacation, hosted by Tom Arnold, follows the extended Clampet family as they experience the vacation-of-a-lifetime in the Hamptons. The location for Season 2 is TBD. Both series’ first-season finales air March 31.
CMT Renews Hot Freshmen 'Bayou Billionaires' & 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ S2 Teaser: Bruce Campbell Skewers Donald Trump – Kind Of
- Donald Trump Doubles Down On Wall And Deportation In Fiery Immigration Speech
- Judge Judy Sheindlin Developing Series Based On Her Life At CBS
- Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Adds Prema Cruz; Bethany Joy Lenz Joins ‘Colony’
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space