CMT has given early second-season pickups to breakout new reality series Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation for a June launch. The move is a no-brainer as the two series debuted in January to record-breaking numbers and have become CMT’s two highest-rated original series in history. “Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation with Tom Arnold have energized Saturday nights on CMT and become runaway hits for the network,” said CMT’s EVP Jayson Dinsmore. The series are part of CMT’s push in reality TV after the network flirted briefly with original sitcoms. Bayou Billionaires, produced by Maglia Entertainment, tells the story of the hardworking and close-knit Dowden family of Shreveport, La. who recently struck it rich when the fourth largest deposit of natural gas in the United States was found on their property. The Pink Sneakers-produced My Big Redneck Vacation, hosted by Tom Arnold, follows the extended Clampet family as they experience the vacation-of-a-lifetime in the Hamptons. The location for Season 2 is TBD. Both series’ first-season finales air March 31.
CMT Renews Hot Freshmen 'Bayou Billionaires' & 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're the Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Hold Up Well In Week 2 – Ratings Rat Race
- E! President Suzanne Kolb Exits