Cinemark Holdings saw its profit fall 52% during the fourth quarter even though revenue grew, as higher costs washed out an 8.5% gain in concessions sales. The Texas-based exhibitor — which operates 456 theatres with 5,152 screens in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico and 11 other Latin American countries — reported income of $18.3 million, or 16 cents a share, less than the 19 cents analysts expected. Operational costs rose to $474.4 million, up from $457.3 million, and the quarter included a loss on marketable securities and an early retirement of debt. Revenue was up 2.1% to $535.9 million. Admissions revenue fell 1.4% overall despite an 8.4% revenue hike at the company’s Latin American venues, while overall attendance at the chain grew 2.3%. Cinemark said it plans to open 11 theaters and 117 screens this year.
Cinemark Profit Falls 52% In 4Q
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'