EXCLUSIVE: Zachary Levi is back on pilot duty and back on the half-hour comedy beat. The Chuck star has been tapped as the male lead of Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Let It Go, lifting the cast-contingency on the project. Let It Go, from Sony Pictures TV, is an ensemble comedy about a married couple, the husband played by Levi, his best friend and her sister as they try to navigate, negotiate and sometimes manipulate society’s unspoken rules. DJ Nash wrote the script and is executive producing with Peter Tolan and Michael Wimer. This marks Levi’s return to half-hour comedy series following his breakout role on ABC’s Less Then Perfect. From it, he segued to spy dramedy Chuck, which just finished its five-season run on NBC. Levi was one of the most sought-after actors this pilot season, fielding at least half a dozen offers.
'Chuck' Star Zachary Levi To Topline Fox's Comedy Pilot 'Let It Go', Lifting Contingency
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos