Beauty And The Beast is having quite the resurgence these days. There are 2 TV pilots in the works with the fairy tale as source material and now there’s going to be a new film adaptation courtesy of Christophe Gans. The picture marks a return to the big screen for the Silent Hill director after a six-year absence. France’s Eskwad and Pathé are teaming on the project to star Vincent Cassel and Léa Seydoux (who’ve both found steady work at home and in Hollywood). Richard Grandpierre is producing with principal photography to start in October this year. Gans has a pretty big cult following. He was part of a “new” new wave back in the late ’90s in France with Brotherhood Of The Wolf. On this film, he says he wants to “unleash” his imagination and “surprise the audience by creating a completely new visual universe never experienced before.” Pathé will sell the film internationally.
Christophe Gans Takes On 'Beauty And The Beast' With Vincent Cassel, Léa Seydoux
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role