Beauty And The Beast is having quite the resurgence these days. There are 2 TV pilots in the works with the fairy tale as source material and now there’s going to be a new film adaptation courtesy of Christophe Gans. The picture marks a return to the big screen for the Silent Hill director after a six-year absence. France’s Eskwad and Pathé are teaming on the project to star Vincent Cassel and Léa Seydoux (who’ve both found steady work at home and in Hollywood). Richard Grandpierre is producing with principal photography to start in October this year. Gans has a pretty big cult following. He was part of a “new” new wave back in the late ’90s in France with Brotherhood Of The Wolf. On this film, he says he wants to “unleash” his imagination and “surprise the audience by creating a completely new visual universe never experienced before.” Pathé will sell the film internationally.
Christophe Gans Takes On 'Beauty And The Beast' With Vincent Cassel, Léa Seydoux
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension