Beauty And The Beast is having quite the resurgence these days. There are 2 TV pilots in the works with the fairy tale as source material and now there’s going to be a new film adaptation courtesy of Christophe Gans. The picture marks a return to the big screen for the Silent Hill director after a six-year absence. France’s Eskwad and Pathé are teaming on the project to star Vincent Cassel and Léa Seydoux (who’ve both found steady work at home and in Hollywood). Richard Grandpierre is producing with principal photography to start in October this year. Gans has a pretty big cult following. He was part of a “new” new wave back in the late ’90s in France with Brotherhood Of The Wolf. On this film, he says he wants to “unleash” his imagination and “surprise the audience by creating a completely new visual universe never experienced before.” Pathé will sell the film internationally.
Christophe Gans Takes On 'Beauty And The Beast' With Vincent Cassel, Léa Seydoux
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- Note To Oscar Host Jimmy Kimmel: Johnny Carson’s Suit Patterns Are Up For Sale
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer: Watch Optimus Prime Do Some Heavy Duty Transforming
- Pharrell Williams On ‘Hidden Figures’ Hidden NASA History – The Contenders Video
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars