Beauty And The Beast is having quite the resurgence these days. There are 2 TV pilots in the works with the fairy tale as source material and now there’s going to be a new film adaptation courtesy of Christophe Gans. The picture marks a return to the big screen for the Silent Hill director after a six-year absence. France’s Eskwad and Pathé are teaming on the project to star Vincent Cassel and Léa Seydoux (who’ve both found steady work at home and in Hollywood). Richard Grandpierre is producing with principal photography to start in October this year. Gans has a pretty big cult following. He was part of a “new” new wave back in the late ’90s in France with Brotherhood Of The Wolf. On this film, he says he wants to “unleash” his imagination and “surprise the audience by creating a completely new visual universe never experienced before.” Pathé will sell the film internationally.
Christophe Gans Takes On 'Beauty And The Beast' With Vincent Cassel, Léa Seydoux
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ‘Show Dogs’ Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
- ‘Mulan’: Utkarsh Ambudkar & Ron Yuan Added To Disney’s Live-Action Adaptation
- Harvey Weinstein Faces Federal Sex Crimes Probe As NYC & LA Cases Amble
- Military Hero John Chapman’s Incredible Story To Come To Big Screen, Courtesy Of Thruline Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference