CBS has ordered 3, a new dating reality series to air this summer. Based on an Israeli format, the series features three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds who search together for a partner. “3 is a relationship show that won’t perpetuate a fairy tale myth about dating,” said CBS’ EVP alternative programming Jennifer Bresnan. “Without any typical game play, it intimately documents the search for love and the reality of dating — the anticipation, the excitement, the rejection.” 3 is co-produced by Magical Elves, 1492 Television and Israel’s Keshet Broadcasting, on whose format it’s based. The original program, produced by Kastina Prods., became Israel’s biggest launch of a new reality show in four years when it premiered there last summer. Jane Lipsitz, Dan Cutforth, Chris Columbus, Avi Nir and Ami Glam executive produce the CBS version. This is the second reality series based on an Israeli format to launch on an U.S. broadcast network following NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing. It comes on the heels of Israeli scripted formats’ strong showing during this development season, landing 2 pilot orders for Midnight Sun at NBC and Joey Dakota at the CW. It also follows the big Golden Globe wins for Showtime’s Homeland, also an adaptation of a Keshet Israeli series.
CBS Orders Summer Dating Reality Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Nathan Fillion Takes Leaf Out Of Joss Whedon Playbook For eOne’s ABC Cop Drama ‘The Rookie’
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ‘60 Minutes’ Bias