CBS has ordered 3, a new dating reality series to air this summer. Based on an Israeli format, the series features three single women of different ages, life experiences and backgrounds who search together for a partner. “3 is a relationship show that won’t perpetuate a fairy tale myth about dating,” said CBS’ EVP alternative programming Jennifer Bresnan. “Without any typical game play, it intimately documents the search for love and the reality of dating — the anticipation, the excitement, the rejection.” 3 is co-produced by Magical Elves, 1492 Television and Israel’s Keshet Broadcasting, on whose format it’s based. The original program, produced by Kastina Prods., became Israel’s biggest launch of a new reality show in four years when it premiered there last summer. Jane Lipsitz, Dan Cutforth, Chris Columbus, Avi Nir and Ami Glam executive produce the CBS version. This is the second reality series based on an Israeli format to launch on an U.S. broadcast network following NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing. It comes on the heels of Israeli scripted formats’ strong showing during this development season, landing 2 pilot orders for Midnight Sun at NBC and Joey Dakota at the CW. It also follows the big Golden Globe wins for Showtime’s Homeland, also an adaptation of a Keshet Israeli series.
CBS Orders Summer Dating Reality Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over