France’s Canal Plus and The Walt Disney Company have pacted to offer Disney movies and TV shows on Canal’s VOD service Canalplay Infinity. The paid subscription service will now offer some 100 film titles from Disney including the Pirates Of The Caribbean and National Treasure films, among others. Full seasons of ABC TV shows like Lost, Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives will also be available. The 9.99 euros per month unlimited service was launched in November in a burgeoning and competitive market that includes Allociné’s iCinema platform and Wild Bunch’s FilmoTV. Netflix, for the moment however, is not a player in France.
Canal Plus' Answer To Netflix Signs Deal With Disney For Movies, TV Shows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'