France’s Canal Plus and The Walt Disney Company have pacted to offer Disney movies and TV shows on Canal’s VOD service Canalplay Infinity. The paid subscription service will now offer some 100 film titles from Disney including the Pirates Of The Caribbean and National Treasure films, among others. Full seasons of ABC TV shows like Lost, Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives will also be available. The 9.99 euros per month unlimited service was launched in November in a burgeoning and competitive market that includes Allociné’s iCinema platform and Wild Bunch’s FilmoTV. Netflix, for the moment however, is not a player in France.
Canal Plus' Answer To Netflix Signs Deal With Disney For Movies, TV Shows
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More
- UPDATE: FT Vet Rona Fairhead Named First Woman Chair Of BBC Trust
- 'Doctor Who' Down 1.59M UK Viewers In Sophomore Outing
- Simon Cowell's Return To 'X Factor UK' Scores Best Launch Since 2011 With 9.5M Viewers
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'