EXCLUSIVE: FlashForward alum Brían F. O’Byrne is back at ABC with a starring role in the drama pilot Gilded Lilys. The project, written/exec produced by KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes, is set in 1895 and described as an epic love story, a vicious rivalry and a scandalous secret unfolded against the backdrop of the opening of New York’s first luxury hotel. It centers on wealthy blue-blood Edwin Lily (O’Byrne), a heavy hitter in New York society who, reeling from a recent family scandal, tries to revive his family’s fortunes by opening the most lavish hotel in history. Complicating things is the fact that Edwin’s beautiful daughter Violet (Sarah Bolger), engaged to be married to a wealthy family friend, has fallen madly in love with a lowly ship’s servant. Irish-born O’Byrne, repped by Gersh, received an Emmy nomination last year for his role in the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce. His series credits include Brotherhood and, most recently, NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Brían O'Byrne Lands Starring Role In ABC Period Drama Pilot 'Gilded Lilys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Los Angeles City Attorney “Will Prosecute” Harvey Weinstein If Victims Come Forward
- Viacom And Charter Reach Tentative Deal On New Carriage Agreement
- Bob Weinstein Denies Sexual Harassment Claims From ‘The Mist’ Showrunner
- LeBron James & Teammates Lock Arms During National Anthem Before NBA Opener On TNT
- ‘G.L.O.W.’: Shakira Barrera Taps In For Season 2
- Donald Trump Hosting ‘SNL’ Was “Embarrassing And Shameful,” Taran Killam Says