EXCLUSIVE: FlashForward alum Brían F. O’Byrne is back at ABC with a starring role in the drama pilot Gilded Lilys. The project, written/exec produced by KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes, is set in 1895 and described as an epic love story, a vicious rivalry and a scandalous secret unfolded against the backdrop of the opening of New York’s first luxury hotel. It centers on wealthy blue-blood Edwin Lily (O’Byrne), a heavy hitter in New York society who, reeling from a recent family scandal, tries to revive his family’s fortunes by opening the most lavish hotel in history. Complicating things is the fact that Edwin’s beautiful daughter Violet (Sarah Bolger), engaged to be married to a wealthy family friend, has fallen madly in love with a lowly ship’s servant. Irish-born O’Byrne, repped by Gersh, received an Emmy nomination last year for his role in the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce. His series credits include Brotherhood and, most recently, NBC’s Prime Suspect.
Brían O'Byrne Lands Starring Role In ABC Period Drama Pilot 'Gilded Lilys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh