A new man will be threatening Nucky Thompson’s reign on the upcoming third season of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire. Bobby Cannavale has joined the cast of the mob drama as a series regular. He will play Gyp Rosetti, a charming but ruthless gangster who challenges Nucky (Steve Buscemi). The cast of Boardwalk Empire, created by Terence Winter and executive produced by Winter, Martin Scorsese, Tim Van Patten, Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson, is a regular short following the demise of Michael Pitt’s character in the second season finale. The series repeated as a double SAG Award winner this past weekend in the best drama ensemble and best actor (Buscemi) categories. Cannavale, Emmy-winner for his recurring role on Will & Grace, recently completed a ten-episode arc on Nurse Jackie and wrapped production on the feature Lovelace. The actor, repped by ICM and Framework, starred alongside Chris Rock on Broadway last year in The Motherf**er With The Hat.
Bobby Cannavale Joins HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' As New Regular In Season 3
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World