Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) and Madeline Zima (Californication) are the first actors cast in Gilded Lillys, ABC’s period drama pilot written/executive produced by KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes. Set in 1895 New York City, Gilded Lilys is described as an epic love story that follows the opening of the first luxury hotel in the city and the intermingling of love, treachery and disdain between the classes. It centers on the rich Lily clan that owns the hotel. Bolger will play the rebellious Violet Lily. Danner will play Violet’s grandmother Caroline Lily, the family’s wickedly funny matriarch widow. Zima will play Violet’s personal maid. The project hails from ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland. Brian Kirk is directing.
Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger & Madeline Zima Cast In ABC Pilot 'Gilded Lilys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator