Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) and Madeline Zima (Californication) are the first actors cast in Gilded Lillys, ABC’s period drama pilot written/executive produced by KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes. Set in 1895 New York City, Gilded Lilys is described as an epic love story that follows the opening of the first luxury hotel in the city and the intermingling of love, treachery and disdain between the classes. It centers on the rich Lily clan that owns the hotel. Bolger will play the rebellious Violet Lily. Danner will play Violet’s grandmother Caroline Lily, the family’s wickedly funny matriarch widow. Zima will play Violet’s personal maid. The project hails from ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland. Brian Kirk is directing.
Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger & Madeline Zima Cast In ABC Pilot 'Gilded Lilys'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
Latest TV News
- Charlie Rose Fired By CBS News Over Sexual Harassment Claims
- NBC Developing Legal Drama ‘J.S.I.D.’ From Adam Mazer, Craig Borten & Original Film
- ‘Ink Master: Angels’ Renewed For Season 2 By Paramount Network
- ‘Quantico’: Alan Powell Cast As Series Regular For Season 3
- Eva Longoria Producing ‘Grand Hotel’ Soapy Drama Based On Spanish Format In Works At ABC
- ‘City On A Hill’: Mark O’Brien Cast As Series Regular In Showtime Drama Pilot