Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) and Madeline Zima (Californication) are the first actors cast in Gilded Lillys, ABC’s period drama pilot written/executive produced by KJ Steinberg and executive produced by Shonda Rhimes. Set in 1895 New York City, Gilded Lilys is described as an epic love story that follows the opening of the first luxury hotel in the city and the intermingling of love, treachery and disdain between the classes. It centers on the rich Lily clan that owns the hotel. Bolger will play the rebellious Violet Lily. Danner will play Violet’s grandmother Caroline Lily, the family’s wickedly funny matriarch widow. Zima will play Violet’s personal maid. The project hails from ABC Studios and Rhimes’ studio-based Shondaland. Brian Kirk is directing.
Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger & Madeline Zima Cast In ABC Pilot 'Gilded Lilys'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday