Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming