Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
'Coco' Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; 'Justice League' Tops $600M WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Hulu Original Comedy ‘Battleground’ Remade As Podcast For Season Two
- Golden Globes: How To Watch Nominations Announcement Live
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Fall Finale Sees (SPOILER) Shocking Upcoming Death
- ‘Outlander’ EP Ronald D. Moore On Tonight’s Finale, Season 4, Golden Globes & Tobias Menzies Return
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- Search For New Amazon Studios Boss Underway As Hiring Process Evolves