Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Andreeva
- Fox Boston Affiliate Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS Over Carriage Dispute With Cox
- Plan For Imposing Quota On Hollywood Movies Scrapped By Russian Parliament
- CBS Sets 2015 Greatest Super Bowl Commercials Special
- 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' Surges, 'Red Band Society' Hits 0.7 Rating Wednesday
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season