Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
Latest TV News
- ‘Alias Grace’ Teaser: First Look At Sarah Gadon As Convicted Murderer Grace Marks In Netflix/CBC Miniseries
- Miss America Pageant Brings Back Chris Harrison & Sage Steele To Host 2018 Edition
- BBC Boss Tony Hall Responds To Female Staffers Over Gender Pay Gap: Change Will Be “Accelerated”
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Makes An Impressively Demented Comic-Con Debut
- 'Doctor Who' Treats Hall H To Teaser For Christmas Special, Peter Capaldi & Pearl Mackie Farewell –Comic-Con
- ‘Dirk Gently’ Serves Up Clip-Heavy Panel In Hall H – Comic-Con