Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Luis Guzman To Star In CBS’ ‘Code Black’, Cody Horn In ABC’s ‘Broad Squad’
- Peter Riegert Joins Fox’s Dana Klein Pilot, Dana Davis Added To ‘Unveiled’
- Ben Aldridge To Play The Lead In Fox Pilot ‘Detour’ Inspired By Rivers Cuomo Story
- Carrie Preston To Star In Suzanne Martin Empty-Nester NBC Comedy Pilot
- Holt McCallany To Star In NBC Pilot ‘Warrior’
- Jon Foo To Play Detective Lee In ‘Rush Hour’ CBS Pilot