Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator