Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Bradley Cooper-Directed 'A Star Is Born' & Disney's 'Overnight On 42nd Street' Among 13 Films Picked For California Film Incentives
Latest TV News
- James Corden’s Adele Carpool Karaoke Sets Late-Night YouTube Record
- Carly Fiorina Quits, Chris Christie Likely Next As Hopes Dim For Podium At CBS’ Debate
- ‘Ash Vs Evil Dead’ Adds Lee Majors & Ted Raimi To Season 2 Cast On Starz
- Bob Costas To Anchor NBC’s Olympics In Primetime For Record 11th Time
- ‘Shooter’ Drama Based On Movie Gets Series Order At USA, Ryan Phillippe Stars
- Fox News Channel Bags Second-Biggest Primary-Night Audience In Cable News History