Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Explosive Finale Recap “The Bicameral Mind”: New Gods Will Walk
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Taps New Showrunner As Jon Harmon Feldman Exits
- CBS Will Continue To Broadcast Kennedy Center Honors Through 2025
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015