Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stan Lee, Carnival Films Team On Superhero Drama ‘Lucky Man’ For Sky1
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- Justin Bieber Apologizes For Bad Boy Ways At Roast: “I’m Disappointed In Myself”
- Ron Burgundy On Justin Bieber: “This Kid Has Spunk, Moxie, And Probably A Few Other STDs”
- iHeartRadio Music, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Top Week’s Twitter TV Ratings
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local