Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Nielsen’s First Deep-Dive Analysis Of A TV Series Shows How ‘Roseanne’ Scored
- Donald Trump And Kanye West Having Twitter Bromance; White House Ducks Invitation Question
- Nancy Dickerson Biopic From Stephen Colbert & Evelyn McGee Colbert In Works At Showtime
- Freddie Highmore On Going From Bad Norman Bates To ‘The Good Doctor’ – The Actor’s Side
- Former NXIVM Member Sarah Edmondson To Star In Documentary Series Produced By Brian Graden
- Nkechi Carroll Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV