Bill Pullman will be playing a U.S. President again, this time on the small screen. The Independence Day star has been tapped to play President Dale Gilchrist in the NBC comedy pilot 1600 Penn, co-created by Josh Gad, Jason Winer and Jon Lovett and directed by Winer. Produced by 20th TV, it is a dysfunctional family comedy where the out-of-control oldest son (Gad) returns home and becomes not only it’s biggest liability but also the glue holding everyone together. The twist is that this family resides in the White House. Like his character in blockbuster Independence Day, Pullman’s President Gilchrist has military background — he is a heroic ex-Marine. On the cast, Pullman, repped by ICM, joins Gad and just-cast Brittany Snow as the First Daughter.
Bill Pullman To Play U.S. President In NBC Comedy Pilot '1600 Penn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- AMPTP Invites WGA Back To Negotiations
- Sports Emmy Nominations Announced: ESPN, Olympics Lead Pack
- Sean Spicer Dances Around Presser Questions About NYT Report White House Is Source Of Devin Nunes Claims
- FCC Chairman Proposes To Restore Rule To Ease TV Station Mergers
- Adult Swim Greenlights New Animated Series From ‘Robot Chicken’ Producers & Mondo
- ABC Orders ‘Boy Band’ Singing Competition Series